Life of a Banks.

Chance Banks. 27 years old. Location: New York City, Entrepreneur.

"Sir don't forget about the finance meeting today."
"And?"
"Marketing, rebranding your club for its 10 year anniversary and your sister wants to speak with you about opening a new spa"
"Another one? Why?"
"Because the first 1 is doing so good a second one here in the city would making her more money and she needs the funding."
"Of course she does, as if she doesn't have enough money. Yet she has a closet full of heels she's never going to wear, clothes she's never going to wear, bags up for decoration-" Chance exhales. "It's fine, whatever. What time am I speaking to her about that?"
"After the marketing meeting and then after that your wife called and said she will be here for lunch"
"Lunch? when does she come up for lunch?"
"I don't know sir." Chance walks into his office sipping his coffee plopping his brief case on his brown desk. Chance office sits right on the top floor in one of the tallest builds in New York, so his view over the city is remarkable. He's on top of the city because he runs the city, he owns half of the city.

"Anything on Paisli store?"
"Doing great as ever." "Has she been in?" "Yeah she has. She's going on pregnancy leave soon" "Ah her and Zane having more kids finally." "Yeah sir they are. Celebrating 5 years of marriage for Zane means impregnating his wife" "Must be nice"

Chance assistant Ava is a 21 young optimistic smart NYU college graduate. She graduated early due to her good grades, honors and recommendations. She caught Chance attention from people on his board bringing her up as they donate money to NYU for programs that surrounds business management and finance. She knows how to handle money, manage his schedule and keep him on track. He's opened up to her about some things so their relationship is very friendly and close.

 "Have you asked her again to have kids?" "Of course I did but she's always got an excuse or hands me a condom or pulls me out of her

"Of course I did but she's always got an excuse or hands me a condom or pulls me out of her."
"PULLS YOU OUT? I'm sorry but that's a thing?"
"Apparently it is. I'm just getting real tired of this. What's a marriage without kids? Something to be excited for?"
"I agree. How else do you show the love in your marriage?"
"To her, it's trips to islands and all that shit. Gifts, name brand bags, spa days."
"When was the last time you two had an intimate moment?"
Chance leans back in his chair thinking.
"Fuck, like hell if I know. I come home, she's either cooking or on the phone. I eat, go in my office till she's in bed and get in the bed. Repeat. So this coming to lunch shit? Is beyond me"
"Go into it optimistic. She might be pregnant."
"Yeah don't keep your fingers crossed."
"When's the last time you felt a burn when looking at someone?"
"A burn?"
"Like fire, like when you look at them you just.. burst up in flames, good flames, they make you feel good?"
Chance sat back remembering exactly when he felt like that and who made him feel like that. A feeling he hasn't felt before not even with Paige, his wife. He sips his water even thinking about her.
"No comment" "I know it wasn't your wife" "Ava, why do you do this?" "Because I want to see if you're over her. It's been 5 years. Even before then she disappeared for a year. so 6 years, changed her number and stopped speaking to you and your sister" "She has her reasons" "Yeah, what are they?" "Janet and I ... we did some shit to her we shouldn't have. I wouldn't be surprised if she found out and never wanted to speak to us again." Ava shook her head. "Have you been tryna look for her?" "All the time. I heard she's not in New York" "She can't stay gone for long. So. Hopefully you can see her again" "If i do I might kill her" "Oh stop it, come on. You have your meeting"