What Happened To Mia?

Sophia stood outside with Janet beside her. Janet kept peeking at her as she stood staring at a tombstone.

Mia Jones
January 14 1999- April 2nd 2017
Beloved Daughter and Friend

"This isn't what I wanted to do today but I needed to see her." Janet wipes her tears. "I really should've saved her. I let my anger get the best of me." "You should've," Sophia says with a straight face. "Soph..." "What happened that day?" "What?" "Help me understand why you thought that hurting your best friend was something you wanted to do." "How is this going to help us?" "If you just do what I ask. Why do you think I stopped speaking to you? Because I found out you had something to do with Mia's abrupt death and just so happened so very recent to y'all little scuffles." "We only had 3 fights" "Because you were having her followed. What was the meaning of that?" "Mia wasn't innocent Sophia. Okay? She'd do anything to ruin me and you just didn't see that, I knew it was her" "Start talking Janet" "I don't think we should do this here. On her resting grounds" "Yeah we shouldn't. Let's go eat i'm hungry."

Sophia's phone rings and Chance number pops up. She ignores it by texting him.

"I'm with your sister. See you later?"
"Yes, I'll send the address later. xxx"

Sophia smiles and Janet notices. "The glow, the smile, the walk... you reconnected with Chance rather quickly huh?" "I might've but... It's nothing right now" "He and Paige are on the worse of terms. I wouldn't be surprised if he's about to divorce her. Now that you're back." "So I've heard. This just all seems so.. rushed" "Sophia you left us without an explanation. You ran from dealing with things." "Isn't that what I'm doing with you NOW?" "Yeah, but it took you 5 years." "There's bigger shit that has happened before I left and it's still going on. I needed to come home to deal with family issues." "You're here and we need to figure us out and you need to figure out you and Chance." "As long as he's with her. There's nothing to figure out" "She says as they've already fucked on his desk" "How the hell do you KNOW that?" "Your perfume lingers my dear. So storytime?" "Yeah please, and let's not make it about my sexual endeavors with your brother in his place of business." Janet chuckles before clearing her throat. "Okay, so. What happened that night I sent Chance over there after our first fight?" "Janet.." "Please, he never told me and I literally want to know because after that night everything got a little crazy" "A little?" "A lot of.. please and then I'll tell you anything else." Sophia rolls her eyes. "Okay fine. After all the moments your brother and I spoke before that fight I seen a side of him I thought I'd never see. So it kind of disappointed me when we caught Mia in his bed and Paige and her beating each other's ass" "Legendary fight" Janet adds. "Legendary indeed."

Banks 5 Star Hotel..
Sophia gets out of the bath after washing her hair and fully enjoying a spa bath. She had beyoncé playing. Before she could drop her curls someone knocks at her door. "yay my foods here". Sophia heads to the door in her towel and opens with.

Chance stands there eyes bulging out of his head. Sophia has water dripping down from her hair to her neck. The towel wasn't wearing her, she was wearing the towel. Sophia scoffs looking down seeing him holding her room service meal. "Oh well, at least my food is here". She grabs it and tries to shut the door. "Whoa whoa, Soph." "What are you doing here?" "You were right back at my crib, can we just talk?" Sophia saw how discombobulated Chance is at this moment. She felt bad for him in a way. "Come in, damn." Chance comes in and closes the door. "Let me go put some clothes on and I'll be right back" "Shìt you could've sat in that towel" "Jackass" "Ight, go put some clothes on girl".

Chance waits on her to return back to him. She comes back in boy shorts, her curls dropped on her face and she dries them with a towel. "So what are you doing here?" "I just wanna talk to you" "What is with you and wanting to always talk all of a sudden?" "Because you're the only girl I want to talk to" "Do you feel like you need to talk?" "Yes... and you're the one I trust" Sophia weakened to those words and became speechless. "Why me?" "You're different Soph. I just hold a lot of stuff in and nobody cares to ask or get to know me past my money." "Why do you want to show me who you really are Chance?" "Like I said Soph, you're different." Sophia's hard exterior softened a little looking in his eyes. The look she sees every time they talk they poke at her heart, toys with her soul. She didn't want to let him in because she's sure Chance would hurt her, she's sure he would destroy her. "You want something to drink?" Sophia asks softly. "I do"