Chapter 8

Varian ran in the forest, separated from both adults. The weird men were still chasing him into the forest. He ran out of smoke bombs so he couldn't toss one at their faces.

Even though Varian head started, they were still catching up to him. He faintly heard something being hit with something else, but he didn't care. He just kept running away from the weird people who were very likely trying to murder him.

After a while, Varian looked back, noticing that the men in black had stopped following him, and were instead going somewhere else. There was a faint sound of shouting, but he didn't really care about it. It was probably one of the farmers chasing another pest away.

Varian looked around, realizing he was lost. Now he began to panic. What if he never finds his way out? What if he dies here? What if- Stop! He mentaly smacked himself.

He looked around. Varian knew that he was pretty deep in the woods and was probably not going to find another kingdom soon. But he could follow his footprints back.

Just as he began following his steps, a voice called out. "Varian?" He turned around, facing another red haired woman. She was that person that was next to his dad. The other strange lady had a red dress and deep green eyes.

"Who are you?" Varian said as he took a step back, away from the weird lady that seemed to have popped out of nowhere.

She looked at him with a strange look on her face, a cross of sadness and curiosity. "I'm sorry that we have to meet this way, Varian, but I am Marie." she replied. Varian was still confused. "How do you know my name?" he asked, taking another step away from her.

She sighed and answered "Your father told me I'm an old friend of his." Varian looked at her suspiciously. She didn't seem to believe what she was saying. But, he was in the middle of the forest, with no map to guide him back, so he took his chances.

"Um.... any chance you could lead me back to Corona?" he asked the popped-out-of-nowhere woman. "Actually, I need to tell you something...."

...

"They should be back by now." she said as she looked at the window. "Your majesty, a letter from the Z mission group." a knight said as he walked to her, handing her a letter.

Dear ------,

We have found them, but 2 escaped. We split in half, half looking for the other 2, and the other half coming back to -------.

Sincerely,

Z mission group

------- grinned.

Soon..... Soon.

Soon, I will finally get my revenge. 

(Well that was weird.... ;-; )