Chapter 14

:0000

I finally uploaded :0

(Just saying, this chapter has suicde in it. If you are not comfortable to read about sucide, you might want to not read this chapter. Just a heads up.)

"Larath?"

Larath wasn't sure what made her happy more, finally being about to avenge her family, or finally being able to look Quirin in the eye, after 20 years of being too shy.

Or maybe it was because he was in a cell. She didn't know.

"Hello Quirin." she said, her voice dripping in venom. "How's life after banishment? I heard that you became the village leader, again." She started down at him, with a look of disgust. "I guess history repeats itself."

"Larath, what did I do-"

"YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID!" Larath exclaimed, erupting in a random impulse of anger. "You ruined my life." she said, through her teeth.

She took deep breaths, trying to push down her anger. But it was too strong, refusing to be pulled down. "You know, when people are banished, normally they are the ones to seek justice." she slowly explained. "But your case was special. Like always."

"This time, the person on the other side felt the need for justice."

Quirin's face shifted into confusion. "Your parents were the ones to banish me for no absolute reason! I also lost so many things when I was banished and I'm not trying to murder you."

"No, you murdered everyone else." she whispered, her mind going back to the awful memories of that night.

Family

Happiness

Anger

Death

"I am simply avenging them." Larath said, staring at him, pulling herself out of that suppressed memory. "What happened?" he asked, curious. She couldn't really blame him.

The problem was never explained to him.

Maybe it wasn't even his fault.

NO

She spent 13 years trying to suppress those feelings of guilt. But everytime she thought she got a handle on her emotions, guilt would hit her like a brink.

She sighed. "You got banished because of my sister. My parents understood that you hurt her in painful ways." she explained. "Do not take my explanation as weakness. You. Will. Die. With the rest of your family."

She walked out without another word.

...

"So she spared you?" Marie asked, sitting next to Varian. He nodded, unsure of what to think of it. "Why do you think she did that?" he found himself asking. "I think she's a new general, she probably never been on the battlefield." she explained, looking at him. He nodded, glad that he was attacked by the one person who didn't know what they were doing.

Wait...

"How do you know all of that?" Marie's face went pale, barely being able to mutter an explanation. "Uh, I trained in the.. army before! Yeah, I trained there before, so uh... well not that army of course!" She tried to laugh it off, but couldn't really pull it off.

"Why are you lying?" Varian asked, growing suspicious of Marie. He hated lying and people lying. So if he could get rid of the lie now, he would do it. "I'm not lying! I'm... uh... just weird!" she said, trying to defend herself.