Chapter 11

I seriously just said was going to update less because I have another book to work on, but here we are ;-;

Varian wasn't sure where they were heading, but it didn't seem like a friendly place. Even the trees looked sad, drooping down. Honestly, the trees reflected his mood. He was feeling the same feelings he felt back then, without the rage and anger part.

He felt guilty.

He felt lonely.

He felt like the hole of sadness inside of him was going to swallow him whole.

Varian wasn't even sure what they were doing. Marie just said to follow her, and Varian just nodded.

I could have done something. I should have done something.

Those two thoughts circled his mind. The rest of his thoughts were paused, while two circled his thoughts repeatedly.

He looked up at the stars, spotting a shooting star. He never really believed in it's "wish magic" but he really needed some hope that night.

Please. Please let me see my dad again.

...

Marie of course knew something was wrong. Even though she didn't know her son that much, she knew that losing someone that important to him had to be heartbreaking. But she didn't know how to help him.

After 12 years of being on the run, her social skills were pretty messed up. The only time she would ever talk to someone was when she had to buy more alchemy supplies, and those people weren't also that good at social stuff. So she had no clue what to do.

Marie just tried her best, sometimes patting his back and trying to comfort him in any way, saying that they were going to get Quirin back. But she knew how unconving she sounded. After all, she wasn't even sure they could get Quirin back.

She had seen all her family members murdered and slaughtered. And all to punish her brother. Marie, even after 12 years, just could not believe that her brother had murdered so many children. For what? For fun?

Marie looked over at Varian, sleeping on a log. She almost snicked, looking at him sleep in one of the weirdest positions ever.

Suddenly guilt smacked her in the face. She was still lying to him. She was still saying she wasn't his mother.

When she was.

And what was the worst part? She didn't want to tell him. She wanted to keep him in a safe bubble of bliss and ignorance. But she couldn't. That bubble had already popped. It popped 12 years ago. Back then though, Varian was only ankle deep. Now he was neck deep.

...

Varian woke up, shocked to find that he was in Old Corona. Wasn't he with Marie out in the woods? Wait...

It was snowing.

Corona never snowed, only that one time and... he does not like to talk about that.

Suddenly, he saw himself run into his house. Wait...

Himself?

Varian, extremely confused, followed himself into his house. Opening the door to a younger version of himself and...

Oh no.

His dad was trapped in amber. Questions started flooding his mind in a instance. They were put to a stop after three words were muttered from his younger self.

"They. Will. PAY."

Guilt punched him in the guts. The scene suddenly shifted. It was back when he was running in the forest. A sudden yell echoed around the forest. Even though he didn't know it back then, he knew it now.

That was his dad.

Guilt landed another hit.

The world began spinning.

"THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT"

The phrase echoed around his spinning mind.

Out of the blue, Rapunzel's face popped up.

"I can't forgive you Varian. And I NEVER WILL"

Varian woke up in a cold sweat.

...

Larath looked out of her window. Her mood was brighter that day. Even the maids made note of it. But they all didn't understand why.

Her plan was finally working. Finally. After 3 years of pain and 12 years of waiting, she would finally get the revenge she longed for.

Finally.

After 15 years of waiting.

After 15 years of pain.

After 15 years of thinking.

I will finally get revenge.

She let a smile creep on her face.