seven

"He said 'one day, you'll leave this world behind, so live a life you will remember.'"

)()()()()()(()()()()(

Jin - Senior
Yoongi - Senior
Serri - Senior
Hoseok - Junior
Namjoon - Junior
Jia - Junior
Jimin - Sophomore
Taehyung - Sophomore
Jungkook - Freshman

"I say we kidnap the person and force them to leave us alone." Yoongi grumbled as he placed his keys in the bowl by the front door, finished driving himself and Namjoon home from school. Jimin and Serri had tryouts with Hoseok as their ride, and Jia and Taehyung with the band. Jin was out grocery shopping with Jungkook because the Human Services agent is staying for dinner, much to Yoongi's disapproval.

"I don't think that is legal." Namjoon chuckled as he reorganized Yoongi's kicked shoes nicely beside his own. "Jin wants us to make sure everything is organized for tonight." Namjoon stood up as Yoongi rolled his eyes, his backpack already thrown on the kitchen table. "That means chores, Yoongi."

"I know." Yoongi sighed and opened the fridge. "I'll clean the bathrooms." He believed it was the easiest job out of all of them, so he made sure to get it.

"I'll make sure everyone's rooms are decent." Namjoon mumbled as he walked past Yoongi who was chewing on an apple.

:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:

"You all have a lovely house." Miss L commented with a smile as they all settled down in the living room after the tour around the house. Either she was really good at hiding her emotions, or she was pleasantly surprised by how nice everything was. All nine of the kids prayed it was the latter.

"Thank you Miss L." Jin smiled as he remained standing. "I will go get dinner started while you guys can all have a conversation." Jin internally sighed, praying that they wouldn't screw up the perfect check-up while he was gone.

"I'll help you." Serri and Jia immediately spoke, standing up and giving the rest of their brothers a gentle smile. Jin's smile faltered ever so slightly. With the two girls gone, it would be a bunch of teenage boys in charge of their chance of staying together. But Jin's trust in his siblings conquered his fear and doubt.

Jin followed the girls into the kitchen and they immediately started to whisper, saying what they think of Miss L and her observations.

"So, you're Jungkook, right?" Miss L folded her fingers and leaned forward, smiling at Jungkook.

"Yes Ma'am." Jungkook nodded once, sitting up in his chair. "I'm a freshman in high school."

"A freshman." Miss L nodded, her eyes twitching ever so slightly. "You're so young to be an orphan." It took everything inside Yoongi to not yell at Miss L for being so blunt to a 15 year old boy. Jimin and Taehyung shared a look, both dreading where this conversation was going.

"Yes," Jungkook slouched a little once more, his eyes locked on his fingers on his lap. "I am young."

"Jungkook, sweetie." Miss L grew serious but kind. "Do you feel safe here? Do you feel you are healthy in this lifestyle?" Jungkook's mouth spoke nothing as his lips moved, eyes wide and hurt. But Yoongi slammed his hand on the table as he shot to his feet, glaring daggers at Miss L.

"What the hell is your problem?" He shouted at her, beyond angry. "How dare you ask him something like that? Do you have no soul?"

"Yoongi." Hoseok stood up beside Yoongi and pushed him away from the table lightly, Miss L not even flinching, but growing a cocky smile on her face.

"Has he always had these anger outbursts?" Miss L fired her questions at Jimin as the three rushed into the kitchen. "Has he ever gotten violent during any of these? Previous anger issues?"