FIRST HATE NEVER DIES

13th of March 1976

After waking up Beth realised that she missed her history of magic test and that she had lost the last reason to hurry. According to her calculations, she should manage to eat breakfast before her 3rd lesson. The great hall was almost empty, only some Slytherin kids still were sitting there. She was about to finish her oatmeal when someone decided to join her.

"Why aren't you in class already? " Dark-haired boy sat next to her and combed his hair charmingly just like he would try to impress some non-existing audience. She rolled her eyes in amusement at him.

"Was I on time for any lesson this year?" She raised her eyebrow.

"Fact." He leaned in closer. "Listen..."

"No. Lily had not told me anything about you." She replied automatically with soft laugher.

"Shit." James swore with honest disappointment. "Why does she hate me so much, sis?"

"I have no idea, Jaimie." She took a sip of tea.

"Maybe I'm hitting the wrong person..." 

"Maybe." She stood up. "Just cheer up for love if god. You know that I can not take my big brother being so miserable."

"I'm gonna try..." He smiled sadly.

"Remember, you can always count on me." She kissed his cheek and left. "I can try to make her hate you less."

"Thanks..." He mumbled and looked at her leaving. He shook his head in disapotment when he realised that her skirt was way too short. He hated to think about how many guys will look at her today. He didn't wanted to be overprotective for her but if he could he would make her wear turtleneck everyday. Not only James hated Elizabeth unregulated outfits. It was only Tuesday, and Elizabeth Potter somehow managed to lead McGonagall to a mental breakdown.

"Miss Potter!" An irritated woman shouted after her. of course, brunette ignored her. "Elizabeth!"

"Yes?" She finally turned around.

"I hope you didn't had any plans for Saturday, because you gonna spend it in detention"

"Detention? Do I need a lawyer in that situation?" She giggled at teacher. 

"You should be fine without the one. But if it's gonna make you feel better I'm sure that your brother will come up with some great idea by Saturday so you surely will have company." She answered. "Now go to class for marlin's sake." She rolled her eyes and left the girl alone in the hallway.

At the same time, Lily and Docas were sitting at another boring lesson. Both were way too sleepy to focus on anything productive.

"Do you want to meet up with Beth later?" Meadows asked while fixing her hair.

"I can't, I'm going somewhere with Severus." She replied cheerfully.

"Severus Snape?" Remus turned around and looked at the redhead.

"Do you know any other Severus?" She said with irritation. "Go back to your notes, anyway."

"I would love that but Black is snoring so loud that I can't concentrate." The boy sighed and pointed at the sleeping on the wooden desk friend.

"Oh, just turn around, Lupin." Dorcas ordered.

"Rude." He commented, but turned to his own desk and tried to wake up Sirius.

"What do you even like about him?" The bell interrupted them. They stormed out of the classroom as soon as possible. "But seriously, what do you see in him, Lily?"

"In who?" Beth materialized next to them.

"Where the fuck was you?" Asked one of her roommates.

"I was sleeping..." She began to explain.

"Can we go back to the topic?" Dorcas interrupted them causing an international apocalypse. The only thing that nobody should ever do is talk with teenage girls about boys. "Why do you like it?"

"Who?" Nobody still launched the youngest into the discussions.

"Severus for God's sake."

"Quiet, someone will hear you..." Lily scolded her. "And what's wrong with him?"

"He is..." The older one started.

"Kinda sexy?" Potter advised her.

"An asshole."

"Wait, I'm lost. Then why don't you want to meet my brother?" Beth asked.

"Because he is an asshole." Lily reminded her.

"Snape apparently is also an asshole..." she murmured.

"No. He's not. He's kinda sweet, actually."

"So, you have two sexy assholes and you still haven't even made out with any of them..."

"You can take half of them," Lily suggested.

"I don't want them, bitch. I don't need a boyfriend anyway." She announced making their roommate moan. Amount of feminist lectures served by Elizabeth was more than exhausting. "Why would I walk around hoping to find someone? I'm perfectly fine on my own."

"And all guys you fuck with?" Dorcas laughed.

"Exactly." She smiled. "Besides that whole one true lo..."

"Watch how the fuck you walk would you, Potter?" She bumped into the biggest assholes of all - Sirius Black. Next to him stood Moony with a chocolate bar.

"Me?" She crossed her arms on her chest and looked at her brother's roommates.

"Yes, you." He leaned and smiled fakely. "Can you manage it on your own or do I need to call your big brother?"

"I think James has enough troubles with babysitting you." Remus quietly chuckled for the girl's comment.

"Let's go, Padfoot." He pulled his collar making him walk through the hallway.

"We are gonna come back to that." Sirius said in the spirit of Gryffindor pride.

"Fuck you, Black." She answered loudly.

"You wish!" He yelled back and got a middle finger as a response. He smiled under his nose and turned to Remus. "I'm honestly sorry for James that he has to share genes with her..."

"You two act just like kids, you know." Lupin replied. "You've been arguing about everything for five years now."

"First hate never dies." He smirked. For the first few years, he wanted to be as mean as he could to Beth. He would never admit but when he met her he was extremely jealous of the attention that James gave his sister. In the first year, they were best friends and no one was more important. But when she started school the following year, he hated her just for the slight possibility of stealing James away from him. He was just an angry twelve years old then scared of losing his first-ever friend.

After a while being rude to each other became somehow a routine for them. Black would lie if he said that he did not enjoy that. Just a little bit.

There was something about Elizabeth fucking Potter that he just could not resist commenting on every her move.

***

I don't know about you but I totally think that Beth would be calling her brother "Jamie".

Also, jealous about James, 12-year-old Sirius is the cutest thing ever. You can't argue with that.

Hope you enjoy the chapter!  We still in "setting the world" phase BUT be patient I gonna get to the good stuff eventually

Stay home and wash your hands btw!