A BLOODY MIRACULE

25th April 1976

Neither Remus Lupin, James Potter or Peter Pettigrew was able to believe in what they saw on Tuesday.

"Do..." James looked at his friends not sure if the wasn't still dreaming. "Do you see it too?"

"I think so." The shortest of boys said in astonishment. "Man. Do you think he's sick or something."

"Oh come on guys." Moony moaned. "It's not like it's impossible..."

"Lupin. He's reading." James stopped him and look at Sirius as an animal in a circus. "I didn't even know he can read..."

"Piss off, Potter." Black showed him a middle finger and immediately came back to reading his book.

"What are you reading, Siri?" Remus rest his arm on his roommate's head and glanced curiously at the novel. "In my mind, I'm probably the biggest sex maniac you ever saw." He read the sentence on the top of a page.

"I think it's his autobiography..." Peter mumbled.

"Show me that..." James stood up and grabbed the book and flipped the page.

"Hey!" Sirius cried out. "I'm the fucking 8th chapter and I have to finish it today."

"Women kill me. They really do. I don’t mean I’m oversexed or anything like that – although I am quite sexy. I just like them, I me..." James laughed at the quote he found.

"Give it back..." Sirius slapped softy Potter's occiput with the almost theatrical manner making all his friends laugh.

"Why are you reading this shit?" Peter raised his eyebrows.

"It's not shit." Black snapped. "It's quite good actually."

"Didn't Beth read that?" Moony asked after studying the cover.

"Yeah..." Fucking bet.

"Trying to impress?" Wormtail asked and added with a fake sweet voice. "Do you have a crush on litter Potter?"

"Don't be fucking gross, Peter." James felt nauseous at the thought of Sirius and his baby sister. "Elizabeth is off-limit for all of you guys."

"Even for me?" Lupin asked in disappointment.

"I wouldn't hesitate to murder any of you if you even think about fucking my sister," James said deadly serious. "So don't you dare even try."

"You don't have to ask me twice!" Black answered in the spirit of his long-running hate for the girl. "Elizabeth Potter is..."

"What am I, Black?" Suddenly Beth appeared next to them and squeeze between Remus and Sirius.

"The most annoying person I ever met." He finished with a big smile.

"My pleasure." She replied before pouring herself some tea. "How's your book?"

"It's going great."

"You're not even in half, aren't you?" She raised her eyebrow.

"Shut up." His smiled suddenly despaired of his handsome face. "I'm gonna win this bet."

"Good look, honey." She said and turned to Remus. "Lupin, darling, some really pretty girl asked me about you."

"Uuu..." James screamed in excitement. "Moony has a girlfriend."

"I wish I had a girlfriend..." Peter mumbled to his sandwich. He never really was popular with ladies. He was hoping that after James's party he and Rachel Cole would get together, but girl pretended not to notice pretend ever since. He knew exactly why. Her father had a different plan for her than to get with a poor, Irish boy.

"Shut up, guys..." Remus cried out and looked at the brunette with concern. "What did she said?"

"Nothing really. Just to say hi from her." She moved her shoulders. "I think you should talk with her."

"I don't want to talk with her."

"Why not?" Black asked and looked at Cynthia Chapman sitting across the great hall. "She's hot."

"Who do you know who are we talking about?" His friend raised his eyebrow. Beth discretely put her elbow between Sirius's rips making him remember that she told him about Cyn's crush in secret.

"I don't know." He said quickly and opened his book. "Stop interrupting me. I'm reading for fuck's sake."

"Come on, Remus. She's a lovely girl." Potter continued.

"I never said she wasn't lovely..." He looked sadly over to Hufflepuff's table and find the pretty face of the girl. She looked perfect, even if in school uniform. He liked the way she was always smiling and the way she put her hair up in loose buns or ponytails and the way she looked at everyone with such real care and the way she smelled. Remus shook his head. "But I'm not boyfriend material."

"But..."

"Quit it, Potter." He replied harshly.

"Fine." Beth raised her hands in act of surrender. "I'm just saying that you could make some more friends. Those three are massive idiots, Remus."

"Hey!" Peter looked at the girl with bitterness.

"Except you, honey." She smiled apologizing.

"I'm friends with you." The boy said, nervously pulling on his brown sweater sleeve.

"In that case, you have terrible taste in friends, Lupin." James jokes, but quickly realised that he said. "Wait..."

"Whatever." She answered and grabbed the newspaper that her owl just dropped in front of her. She quickly lost interest in conversation with boys the bold letter of the article's title was more intriguing. "What the fuck?"

"What happened?" Her brother raised his eyebrow in concern.

"You got to be kidding me." She snapped and stood up suddenly. "I have to go."

"I haven't eaten anything." James stopped her.

"Here." She answered quickly before grabbing a bagel from Sirius's plate and bit it aggressively and added with a full mouth. "Happy?"

"I'm certainly not," Black said miserably. "I wanted to eat that..."

Beth just rolled her eyes and left the great hall. She needed to speak with McGonagall or even Dumbledore. Right fucking now.

***

We have very short cheaper today but I hope you enjoyed it.