SOFTLY AND ROUGHLY

10th of May 1976

He put his arm around her and pulled her closer. Ever since they got to the hospital she again had to be strong for her family.

"It's gonna be okay, Lizzy," Sirius whispered to her.

"I know." She nodded. "I... I just hate that good person like him can die. For what?" She looked at him with her warm, brown eyes. She looked different than last night, she was calmer. "For some fucking war that they don't even care about."

"He will be fine." The boy suddenly felt guilty that he wanted to join. Regulus would be devastated if he would end up in the hospital... She... Would she be sad? They just kissed a few time but... "Beth, about earlier..."

"You just happened to be there, okay? I was just drunk and lonely. Don't get me wrong. You're a nice guy. But I just need... A distraction." She interrupted him.

"I can distract you a bit..." He agreed and then kissed her softly.

"You have a girlfriend. My best friend for that matter." She reminded him.

"I know, but..." Sirius suddenly remembered that Dorcas existed.

"I'm fine now." She smiled. "I... I have to be."

"Are you sure?" He touched her chin and looked deeply into her brown eyes. "I know we're not exactly friends but if you ever needed to talk..."

"Thanks." She smiled. "You're really a good person, you know?"

"Am I?" He smirked.

"You're also a huge asshole, but it doesn't mean that you're not good, Black." She explained. "You don't need to be nice to be good. Don't forget that."

He smiled. It was a nice thing to hear. People always assumed that his rude attitude is a part of his family legacy. His parents weren't exactly known for being nice people. He sometimes we're terrified with fact that she can not be kinder. For a moment he wanted to kiss her again. Not because she was hot. Not because she needed it. Not even because he was drunk. Just because he actually wanted to.

"Dad!" The familiar voice stopped him from doing this terribly stupid thing. "Beth? What happened?"

"He's sleeping, now." Younger Potter stood up and answered her brother. Suddenly he felt weird without her body next to him. "Where the hell were you?"

"I... I was with Lily and..." James looked back at the redhead holding his arm softly in act of support. "What exactly happened?"

She looked weak and strong at the same time. Like she was made of glass but at the same time, she could raise a track.

"Beth?" Her brother started with breaking voice. "What the fuck happened?"

"There was an accident..." Potter hated talking about what happened. She could do it, but she really didn't want to. She felt somebody's hand on her back. Sirius.

"Your father, James." He explained. "Dead eaters..." Black holed girl's waist stronger when he felt her tiny body shaking. Oh, God.

"Is... is he going to be fine?"

"Doctors said he was lucky." He wasn't lying, they said that. Mr Potter was lucky. Some medic told him that thinking he was Potter's son. He will be fine. He won't be able to run as fast as before but he will be alive. That was important. "He will be fine. He just needs to rest."

"Shit," James said finally. "How could I be so fucking stupid..."

"Hey. James."Lily tried to calm him down.

"I should be here when it happened"

"It not your fault. You couldn't..." The girl gently touched his arm.

"Yes. You should." Beth said without hesitation. Sirius could feel like she became to boiled. She was sad, really fucking sad. A bit terrified. And now she was angry. At the same time, she somehow managed to still keep her mind straight. She could fit a lot of complicated feeling in this tiny body and still be smarter than most people knew. "You should be with me, James."

"Beth..." Sirius looked at her and see so much pain in her eyes. How that even think that he was able to take her brother place yesterday?

"You should be here, James." She repeated. "You're his son. I was so pissed you weren't here. So fucking pissed. I was hoping so bad that you would come through that door and be here. With me."

Evereverybody's stay still for a moment. Black felt stupid... She needed James, not him... He was just a distraction. He took his arm off her waist.

"But you wouldn't help me with anything, would you?" James always acted like he was the older wider one, but all he did was lectured her about not being perfect. But he wasn't the one helping their parents. She maybe was rude and not afraid to speak her mind, but still, she was way responsible than her older brother. "I'm glad Sirius was there."

"Come on, Beth." He moved closer. "You're just angry I wasn't here."

"I have a god damn right to." She took a deep breath. "It's not time to fight. Mom will be back in a few hours, I'll help her with paperwork."

"Paperwork?" James looked confused.

"You know, insurance stuff. The operation costs and..." She sighed and explained. "Also, we need to deal with dad's job and..."

"You're just like your mother." The weak voice stopped her. "We would die without those two taking care of us, James."

"Dad?" She opened her eyes widely.

"Hello, sweetheart." The man smiled softly. "How long was I asleep."

"Way too long, daddy." She laughed and hugged him. "You scared me to death."

"I'm sorry, pumpkin." He smirked. "It's the last time, I promise."

***

Both of Potter's children spend all day next to his bed. It was bittersweet. They were happy that he was fine, but Beth knew it was only a matter of time before he will again fight for right fucking cause. She sighed and left the room. Both her dad and James fell asleep. She went to the vending machine at the end of the hallway.

"How's your dad?" Black somehow appeared next to her resting his hand on the edge of machine nonchalantly.

"He's fine." She smiled briefly.

"I told you he will be." He smirked. "You should trust me more."

"You would try to get me to bed if I did." She replied and look into his eyes fearlessly.

"I would." He agreed and kissed her. This time it was more intense. The alcohol and sadness didn't get in the way. He pulled her closer and put her against the cold wall. The kiss was desperate, almost rough. There was nothing soft about it. His hands moved on her hips and she could swear that she would have bruises on the places of his fingers. She moaned as his lips moved to her neck, making him suddenly stop. "Shut up." He looked into her brown eyes.

"You shut up." She joined their lips again for a short moment. "We're insane, aren't we?"

"Completly insane, Potter." He laughed.