chap 2

"Y-yes, kookie." Taehyung was shaking badly, causing Jungkook to frown slightly, but he was satisfied with his answer nonetheless.

'Good job' Jungkook sighs, ruffling Tae's hair fondly. A pleasant feeling running through Taehyung's body at the contact.

"Where.. where are you going, kookie?" Taehyung spoke softly, sniffing as he leaned into Jungkooks touch, tears hugging onto his long lashes as he allowed himself to break eye contact with the elder in order to snuggle closer to his warmth.

Jungkook looked sadly at the sweet, innocent boy. 'I'm.. just going outside, lovely.' His voice wavered slightly as he wiped away Taehyung's tears with his thumb, unable to stand his round cheeks remaining wet for a second longer.

"B-but, why?" Taehyung fervently asked, opening his eyes to look up at Jungkook, the omega almost regretting his decision when he was met with the elder's garnet irises staring back at him.

"What if- w-what if you go t-to the b-better place li-like momm-ma?" Tears filled the boys usually bright eyes as he searched Jungkook's for answers, his voice breaking from the sobs that racked his body.

Jungkook could feel his heart breaking further with every one of the boys pain filled words. "I- i don't wanna be all alone kookie. I'm gonna-gonna be l-lonely if you g-go. Pl-lease don't leave me koo-kie, p-please."

Jungkook felt a lump form his throat as the younger let his tears fall with abandon.

Unable to look the omega in his eyes any longer, Jungkook turned away his gaze, but in turn looking down only to find small hands, white at the knuckles, trembling as they hold onto his shirt, seemingly to keep him from fleeing.

Jungkook drew in a shaky breath as he forced their gazes to meet again, lies slipping through his teeth as he put in a brave face for the younger. 'I'm just going to check outside, and-and I'll get us some food, ok? I'll be back safe and sound... I promise.'

Taehyung placed his hands on his tummy that had been rumbling for quite some time now, and looked up at Jungkook, sniffling. "I'm not hungry anymore, Kookie. S-so you don't have to go."

Jungkook let out a soft, saddened chuckle as he looked down at Taehyung's hands on his slightly pudgy tummy.

'I think your tummy just growled at me, Taetae.'

A light blush danced it's way onto Tae's cheeks at the elder's jest, the warmth gracing the tips of his ears as well.

After a moment of nothing but silence, and fond, knowing stares, Taehyung spoke. His voice was laced with insecurity, knowing full well there were lies in Jungkook's words. "..It'll just be a little while... right?"

Jungkook nodded softly, tears beginning to prick at the backs of his eyes. The fear for what he was about to do finally sinking in.

With a sad smile on his lips, he pulled the younger to his chest, practically crushing him in his tight embrace and scent marking him.

His strong, musky scent of the forest after rainfall, greatly overpowering the Omegas heavenly scent of chamomile, and what resembled a bonfire.

By the time Jungkook pulled back, both of their cheeks were flushed, and his pupils were blown embarrassingly wide.

Jungkook pressed his face into the crook of Taehyungs neck, breathing deeply, and feeling as an overwhelming sensation spread through his entire body, now certain that the scenting took hold.

His and Taehyungs scents were fully intertwined.

Becoming increasingly restless when he felt Taehyung squirm in his hold,
Jungkook released a low growl, unable to keep the possessive sound from escaping.

At the alpha's sudden sign of aggression, Taehyung let out a small whimper, the soft sound causing Jungkook's eyes to snap open, freeing the other from his grasp as he panted heavily, fearing he had hurt him in some way.

He froze upon taking in Taehyung's appearance, his curly hair sat mussed atop his head, big eyes looking up at him unfocused and embarrassed, with his cheeks fashioning a shade that rivaled the Alphas eyes.

Jungkook forced his eyes off Taehyung, and lifted his hand to the door of the cupboard. He wanted to hug Taehyung for what may be the last time, but he couldn't trust himself not to hurt him, a strangely possessive feeling rearing it's head.

He turned his head in Taehyung's direction, not able to bring himself to look directly at him, whispering to him 'Stay safe, Tae. Promise me.'

Taehyung looked at him, his eyes glazed over, seeming confused and sad. "I promise, Kookie." He mumbled, his body curling in on itself, sounding as though he would cry the moment he was left alone.

Jungkook put a finger against his own lips as a reminder for the younger to keep quiet, as he slowly closed the cupboard door.

Tae nodded his head softly, letting tears roll down his cheeks, his body shaking with silent sobs as he was enclosed in darkness one again.

The sounds from outside had become too loud to ignore any longer, so Jungkook hurriedly left their hiding spot and stepped out into the open,
giving one last glance in Taehyung's direction.

He could only hope that the scent marking would be enough to conseal the Omega.

                                  ...

Jungkook had expected hunters and fellow weres to be the most of his worries, he'd never thought that the rogues would chase them this far.

He'd surprised even himself when he made the decision of coming here, but it was either hunters or rogues, and Jungkook figured it was better to dance with the devil you know than the one you don't.

He could have never imagined that rogues would actually follow them anywhere near the hunting grounds, as it's practically a death sentence if you're caught.

Hunters are ruthless, many are known to keep wolves alive as they skin them, just for sport.

Although rogues are no better.