chap 20

A strong, golden glow pierced through Namjoon's eyelids, effectively waking him from his deep slumber.

His hands reached to rub the sleep from his eyes only to be stopped by a thick cotton blanket wrapped around him like a cocoon.

'If you're gonna sleep, at least do it on a bed.'

Sighing, he pulled himself upright and stretched his legs out, feeling them shake with the movement as he unraveled himself.

The soft clearing of ones throat had him rolling his eyes, his head pounding with the reminder that he was definitely not a morning person.

"What is it, Jackson?" His voice was deep and raspy, courtesy of sleep, and he made a mental note to drink the first water he sees.

He dragged a hand through his hair, pulling at the knots as he gazed in Jungkook's direction, following the timely rise and fall of his chest. The boy's breaths were no longer followed by gurgling, just slightly strained puffs of air.

"Uuhh.." Jackson searched for the right words to say as Namjoon turned to meet his eyes, but none came to mind, leaving him to just shoot the other Alpha an uneasy look as he spoke. "You should probably see for yourself."

Only then did Namjoon notice the large shadows of two men standing tall just outside the tent.

...

"I have Alphas patrolling his perimeters with the utmost diligence at all times. I can assure you that you and your children are safe." Hoseok stood before a large crowd, arms crossed over his chest in a powerful manner, his voice laced with conviction.

The many stares of disapproval that were locked onto him shifted as a tall man with broad shoulders pushed his way past the baffled crowd, his eyes flashing red as he spoke.

"And lemme guess, one of those 'Alphas' just so happens to be Kim Namjoon."

Hoseok maintained his confident pose, allowing the Alpha's words to fall onto deaf ears as he looked amongst the group of wolves, searching for any other that would be willing to speak up to him. "Are you planning on ignoring my concerns, Alpha?"

After coming to the conclusion that nobody would step up, Hoseok turned to stare at the irritating man with a bored expression.

"You need to learn how to control that temper of yours, Jaebum, your aggression will not be tolerated in this matter."

He watched the man's face twist with fury, his Alpha pride hurting at the small jab Hoseok had made at his self-restraint. "You're gonna let that fuck up 'protect' MY family?! How do we even know that he's one of us anymore?! His priorities have obviously been flipped!"

Hoseok's face no longer held any trace of amusement, his jaw clenched as he spoke calmly. "He is your superior, and even under my scrutiny, he is to be respected as such."

Everyone took a collective step back when Jaebum crossed the distance between himself and the head Alpha, his stance threatening.

Anyone with eyes could see the very obvious attack underlying his movements as he stepped closer. And in a split second he was pinned, his face pressed against the cold dirt, Hoseok's arm easily twisting the other's wrist behind his back as he held him down.

"Your aggression will NOT be tolerated in this matter. Are we clear?"

Everyone's eyes were as big as saucers, the scene of the head Alpha asserting his dominance was not one often witnessed, and yet it has now happened twice.