chap 7

Rain poured over them, thunder booming alongside the occasional lightning.

The sun had set long ago, and the storm raging above them had Namjoon nervous.

With wolfie nearly toppling over every ten seconds, he knew they needed to stop and rest, but the stubborn wolf never even looked back.

After one particularly loud roar of thunder shook the ground, Namjoon made up his mind and attempted to catch up to Jungkook, with that proving difficult he settled for barking loudly to catch his attention.

Jungkook spun around, at first looking worried, but that soon turned to a somewhat annoyed expression, as he waited for Namjoon to reach him.

When he'd caught up, Namjoon shifted, panting as he held onto his knees. "We should stop to rest."

Jungkook took a small step away from him, his eyes holding an emotion Namjoon hadn't seen in a very long time, Admiration.

Namjoon was the first Alpha to ever look out for him. He could only imagine that this was what parents felt like, his tail swaying softly at the thought.

But quickly, his shining eyes became clouded with hesitation. He needed to keep going, but his leg felt awful, and it was getting harder to breath.

Maybe... Maybe for just a little while... Without realizing, he was letting out almost nonexistent whines as he battled with himself.

Nibbling on his lower lip Namjoon looked away and sighed heavily, feeling the torrent of cold rain hitting his skin. "At least drink something, ok?"

Jungkook's ears perked up, his thoughts being cut off.

He had forgotten just how thirsty he was until now. Scanning the ground with his eyes he found a rather large puddle left behind by the rolling clouds.

As he hovered over the pool of water, an unexpected memory began to unfold behind his eyes.
.
.
.

"Look, it's a cloud footprint kookie!"
A tiny Taehyung yelled, jumping right into the center of the old rain water, splashing mud everywhere.
Jungkook bit onto his lips in an attempt to not laugh at the younger's foolishness. "Tae, that's... A puddle."

He quickly shut his mouth seeing the other pout angrily, and rubbed his chin with two fingers, nodding his head in approval.
'Y'know what, I like it. Cloud footprints. Its got a nice ring to it.' Earning himself a boxy grin, and a very muddy hug.
.
.

Jungkook stared knowingly at his distorted reflection in the puddle before drinking.

Namjoon made a weird face at him as he drank. "I meant that I would collec- well I guess this works too."

After some time, Jungkook had enough water to make him feel sick.
Standing up straight, he looks at Namjoon, nodding his head to the puddle.

"No thanks... I'm good." Jungkook rolled his eyes, and huffed out. Walking behind Namjoon, he pushed him forward with his muzzle.
"Alright, I got it. Let's go."