chap 5

~Flashback thingy~

Wiping the blood from his nose, Jungkook was walking back to the pack grounds after completing his punishment for 'instigating a fight' with the lead hunters son.

Jungkook's brows drew close with a frown as he dragged his feet along the dirt path. It's so unfair, he's always the one that's punished, even when he wasn't the one at fault.

With his head hung low, he sighed,
the bruises on his skin stinging.

Despite his sour mood and the cut that made itself known along his gums, he couldn't help the soft smile that made it's way to his lips, when his tired eyes spotted a tuft of dark silky hair, peeking out from behind a boulder.

A playful glint in his eyes, he began to whistle one of a certain boys favorite tunes, his lazy walk turning to sprightly steps as he closed the gap between him and the poorly hidden omega.

Looking everywhere but the boulder in question as he walked, Jungkook could hear little giggles that sounded as though they were muffled, quite possibly by an adorable hand.

He was less than two feet away from the boulder when a small body jumped out from 'hiding' and wrapped itself around Jungkook's torso, before shouting a little too close to his ear.

"kookie!" Jungkooks face scrunched up a bit from the loud noise, but it was quickly replaced with a big grin as he let out an equally loud shout.

"Taetae! What're you doing all the way out here, hmm?" His arms wrapping the boy in a tight hug all the while he spoke.

Taehyung pulled away from the hug and looked down with a pout on his lips. "You have to promise not to get mad."

Jungkook frowned at his words, feeling slightly worried. "I promise. Now tell me what happened, lovely."

Taehyung peeked up at him through his long lashes, eyes uncertain as he whispered just loud enough for Jungkook to hear.

"Alp- Daddy hit momma again,
so i ran away."
.
.
.
.
.

The atmosphere changed drastically,
Jungkook could feel his heart drop and his anger rise at those words.

Taehyungs father had already been warned by the head Alpha many times that if he continued to allow his wolf to  bring bodily harm unto the omegas under his care, he would be forced to separate from his family.