chap 8

That same day
______________________________________

Two wolves, an Alpha and a Beta stood arguing with one another, just feet away from a massacre.

His arms crossed, the Beta looked up daringly. "Jin, you have to be thick in the head to look at THAT, and expect me to agree to this."

With a nonchalant tone, the larger of the two spoke, easily brushing past the other's small frame.

"Relax, Yoongi, we'll be fine.  It'll be a quick in and out, pinky swear."

Releasing a sigh as he watched the alpha immaturely waggle his pinky finger in the air, Yoongi grabbed onto his broad shoulders, holding him back and pushing down his lazily raised pinky finger.

"Jin, please. Do me a favor, take a deep breath and think to yourself... Is it really worth the risk?"

                                   ...

Yoongi had been hunting in the early morning when he'd stumbled upon a group of hunters... At least that's what they used to be.

Many were left as nothing more than a lifeless heap of flesh and bone.

Judging from the wounds, it seemed to have been wolves, very violent wolves at that.

Like holy shit, he's not new to death, but this was some next level nasty.

It was a strange sight to say the least, since hunters being attacked by wolves was rare, the fear of them being instilled in weres when they are just pups.

Most wolves wouldn't go near them, let alone fight them.

That alongside the fact that the bodies had been left behind, made it worth looking into.

So, upon returning to their makeshift home, he informed Jin of the situation, and the two prepared for a trip to the hunting grounds.

They were wholely unprepared for the sight that awaited them.

.
.
.
.
"I've never seen anything like this" Moving one of the bodies with his foot, Jin attempted to gauge the time of death by the stage of decomposition. "Wonder what happened."

Yoongi narrowed his eyes searching the area for signs of life.

Coming to the conclusion that they were all long dead, he shook his head in confusion. "Something's really wrong here."

Jin looked up, giving him a face that said 'No shit Sherlock' before looking back to the grounds, speaking in a decisive tone. "I say we go check it out. They've gotta have some sort of food in there."

                                   ...

Yoongi was tapping his foot on the ground impatiently, the olders silence irking him.

"Well, Do you think it's worth it?"

Jin raised his hand and tapped his chin mockingly. "Hmm, let's see. Those guys in the forest were dead... Obviously." The sarcasm that dripped from his words had Yoongi shutting his eyes in order to keep from rolling them out of their sockets.

"These guys seem pretty dead too, and I'm honestly starving. Soooo, yeah, It seems pretty worth it to me."

Yoongi sighed, removing his hands from the older. "Ok, sure the guys out here are dead, but what tells you there aren't people inside?"

Jin sighed softly, looking into Yoongi's eyes as the other tried to hide the fear that filled them. "...Yoongi, we don't have food. There's almost nothing to hunt because these assholes have taken everything for themselves. If we don't get something soon, we'll either have to relocate or starve."