chap 19

Did I just give a total stranger the ability to destroy my life? Yes, yes I did.. Great fucking job Namjoon.'

Namjoon shook his head, walking into the tent with swift feet, his mind pushing any unnecessary thoughts aside for another time.

He found his way over to Wooyoung, the man's eyes looking troubled as he examined the boy's most worrying injury by far.

The bullet wound.

Namjoon bowed his head at Jackson, a sign of his thanks, and turned to the Omega after receiving a lopsided grin from the Alpha.

"How Is he?"

A small gasp left Wooyoung as he jumped, startled by Namjoon's sudden appearance. "Holy- You need to be a little louder when you come up behind someone, clap your hands or something."

Namjoon clasped his hands together and shifted his feet. "Sorry 'bout that..."

Sighing, Wooyoung cleaned off a strange looking object and spoke. "Well, it turns out I was right about him being a strong one. Technically speaking, he's doing great, his body is healing like an Alpha's should.. which gives me my first problem."

Namjoon shook his head, not quite understanding what the Omega was getting at. "Problem? You just said he's doing great."

Wooyoung hummed, pouring the remaining contents of a bottle onto his hands. "I said 'technically speaking', which is true, he's healing rapidly. But do you see this here?"

Namjoon grimaced as he gingerly pulled at the hole in the boy's chest, allowing him to peek inside before rolling him slightly to show his back. "There is no exit wound, meaning it's still in there."

"So?"

Namjoon furrowed his brow when the Omega began to chuckle."SO.. This son of a bitch is healing around the bullet."

Namjoon's eyes felt like they would pop from their sockets at what he was hearing.

"But it was silver, right?"

Wooyoung nodded his head in agreement as he sorted out the many sharp tools neatly. "Definitely, there is severe burning along the border of the wound and obvious internal bleeding, most likely due to the silver burning through him as we speak."

He took out something long and tube-like, soaking it in the same liquid he'd used on his hands earlier. "From what i can hear, the bullet punctured his lung, which means if I am unable to remove it, he's as good as dead."

Namjoon's heart dropped further with every word that came out of the Omega's mouth. "So what are you waiting for?! Take it out!"

Wooyoung lifted a small knife and rolled his eyes, giving Namjoon an annoyed face. "That's exactly what I'm doing, genius."

And in just a few minutes, the small tube was inserted into Jungkook's chest, making both Alphas in the room shudder.

Jackson's astonished voice whispered into Namjoon's ear. "This is not at all where I thought my day was gonna go.."