P R O L O G U E

"Everyone has a chapter they don't read aloud"

"Hey, guys! Today I'll be doing a cover of 'Bruises' by Lewis Capaldi

"Hey, guys! Today I'll be doing a cover of 'Bruises' by Lewis Capaldi. Hope you guys enjoy!" I introduced with a shy smile as she picked up her guitar.

Looking nervously at the camera in front of me one last time before I rapidly recalled the chord progression of the song, I gently strummed all six strings and began singing.

Counting days, counting days
Since my love up and got lost on me

I needed an escape through everything that's going on in my life. I just wanted to feel alive again.

And every breath that I've been takin'
Since you left feels like a waste on me

But in the current situation I'm in, the possibility of that is slowly decreasing and getting more and more impossible by the second.

I've been holding on to hope
That you'll come back when you can find some peace

I always did think that things would just go back to the way they were when they were happy...but oh how naive I could be sometimes...all the time.

'Cause every word that I've heard spoken
Since you left feels like a hollow street

I was hurt. I was broken. Could I ever feel free again? I always wondered what it'd be like.

I've been told, I've been told to get you off my mind
But I hope I never lose the bruises that you left behind
Oh my lord, oh my lord, I need you by my side

Every single day of my life I tried to get over it...but my efforts were to no avail.

There must be something in the water
'Cause everyday it's getting colder

I don't realise it yet but I'm falling, down deep. Am I able to make it out?

And if only I could hold ya
You'd keep my head from going under

U always wanted to believe that they'd always be here for me but now I know how wrong I was.

Maybe I, maybe I'm just being blinded
By the brighter side
Of what we had because it's over
Well there must be something in the tide

I always wanted to believe that the cause of all of this was of something else and always kept to the saying "things happen for a reason' but I'm slowly starting to lose hope.

I've been told, I've been told to get you off my mind
But I hope I never lose the bruises that you left behind
Oh my lord, oh my lord, I need you by my side

As I repeated the already once said words, all of my mixed emotions came crashing down on me; the sadness, the anger, the guilt. I couldn't help it.

There must be something in the water
'Cause everyday it's getting colder
And if only I could hold you
You'd keep my head from going under

How deep down was I? I had no idea myself. Again, I had no idea I was falling in the first place.

It's your love I'm lost in
Your love I'm lost in
And I'm tired of being so exhausted
Your love I'm lost in

Repeating those exact words over and over again made me remember just how messed up in the head I was yet hundreds of people always thought of me as the 'perfect' girl.

Oh how I despised the word.

Even though I'm nothing to you now

She I wanted to say it out loud, to admit it to myself because it just hurt to much to say it in defeat but there comes a time where things must come to an end.

There must be something in the water
'Cause everyday it's getting colder
And if only I could hold you
You'd keep my head from going under
There must be something in the water
'Cause everyday it's getting colder
And if only I could hold you
You'd keep my head from going under

As I finished the song, I lifted my head up to face directly towards the camera. "Thank you for watching. I'll see you in my next video." Then I stopped the recording just in time before I heard loud shouts of frustration just a floor below me.

You may be wondering what the hell is going on but first let me tell you who I am.

I am Marinette Dupain-Cheng. I'm a broken girl with broken dreams and a broken life. Apparently, I'm the 'flawless' girl everyone looks up to, but am I really? You have no idea what my life has become and what it will become so I guess I'm just going to have to tell you.

However, the only thing that keeps me sane in these situations is The Connection Of Music.