T H R E E

"Sometimes all you can do is smile. Move on with your day, hold back the tears and pretend you're okay."

"Mari! Where have you been!?" Bri ran up to me as soon as I walked through that door

"I was at school doing some extra work. I just forgot to call you guys to say that I'd be home late." I sighed and looked away.

"Well, you know how Mama gets with us-"

"With me, you mean." I snap my head at her with a pointed look.

"Us." Bridgette reiterated. "She gets angry and upset now you better brace your-"

"Marinette! You know better than to talk back at me. If you were more like your sister, you would know to be home at the time that I'd expect you to be!" Mama stood from the kitchen doorway and shouted.

"Mama, I was at school doing a school project. I just forgot to text or call you to say that I'd be home late." I breathed out quietly. I didn't want to get into anymore trouble.

"Well maybe you should've been smarter with your decisions. I want you in your room now." Mama said with a calmer tone, which surprised me more than it should have. But then I noticed the pointed look that Bri was giving her.

I sighed and pushed past my sister and Mama to get to the stairs into my room. It wasn't anything special; I did like this room better than the one at The old house because it was bigger but my old room, when my family was still whole, will always be my childhood home.

I miss Papa

As I had a flashback of all the memories when our family was all together, I felt a vibration come through my pocket. I took out my phone and looked at the notification as I wiped the stray tears in the corner of my eyes.

~Adrien added you to the group chat~

Adrien~Hey guys! I thought
it'd be cool if we had a group
chat :)

Alya~Omg! Yessssss

Alya~The squad is hereeeee

Nino~Babe just stop

Alya~sorry sorry I just
couldn't help myself

Adrien~Marinette?? You
there?

How I wished to have as good of a friendship as they do.

No drama
No fights
Just jokes

You~Yeah I'm here