TEN

I have one little note to add in.

Since school has started and I'm physically back in public school, I will not be able to update as soon as I would like to but I promise I will try my best.

=*+*+*=

'Jealousy is never satisfied with anything short of an omniscience that would detect the subtlest fold of the heart.'

The Next dayMari's POV

The Next day
Mari's POV

"Oh, Bri! I totally just messed up my friendship with Adrien and I've only known him for a week!" I groaned and covered my head with my duvet.

"Mari, it's not your fault. You can't control what happens." Bridgette pulled the duvet down.

"But it is!" I exclaimed. I fully regret ever shouting and causing a scene towards Adrien. It was never even his fault. He was just trying to help me and make sure that I was okay and what did I do to repay him? Act like an ass.

"Marinette." My sister's tone suddenly turned serious. "You have been dealing with this anxiety for more than a year now. It's clear that you can't control it. No one can really control their anxiety - it's part of humanity. So, all of this." Bri circled her finger around me "- is not your fault."

I sighed and directed my head away from Bridgette. I knew she was right; it's not my fault but if only I could control it then so many things in the past could have been different.

"Get ready for school, you bum." She slapped my back and turned to leave but stopped. "By the way, there's this guy in my class who keeps asking about you." Who in the world would be asking about me in Bri's class.

"Luka Couffaine. Does it ring a bell?" She smirked most definitely at my heated face. "Try talking to him some time. He's a cool guy." Bridgette smirked and cackled while leaving just before she could get hit by the flying pillow across the room.

"Guess I can't hide forever, right?" I muttered to myself and took a quick shower, minding the time. I dressed myself into a pair of black leggings and a baggy Nirvana tee, slipping on a pair of maroon Doc Martins. I straightened my hair and off I went to school along with my ancient guitar.

I really lost track of time or I really can't tell the time because when I had arrived the time was only 7:30am.

Not many people were around. Just some students here and there but was more or less empty.

I was going to make my way early to class until I was stopped by the sound of a deep, soothing voice and a tap on my shoulder. Turning around, I realised that the person was the one and only Luka Couffaine in all his glory.