N I N E

"Life is playfulness...We need to play so that we can rediscover the magic all around us."

The Next DayAdrien's POV

The Next Day
Adrien's POV

I woke up the next day in my bed and immediately the regret that dawned upon me yesterday evening came rushing back to me.

{•*=*=*•}

Marinette looked behind her back and saw me trailing behind her, being as quiet as a mouse.

Sending me a small smile, she asked softly, "You okay? You've been awfully quiet."

I  looked up upon hearing her sweet voice with a weak smile on my face. "Yeah, all good...Is it alright if we talk later though? I need to ask you something." I saw that she became slightly worried from the tone of my voice but nonetheless agreed, arranging that we could talk behind the school after this event.

{•*=*=*•}

I groaned loudly in frustration and covered my head with my pillow.

"How did I forget to speak to her!" I shouted which was muffled against the pillow being shoved in my face.

I planned on speaking to Marinette about why she was actually late. If she didn't want to talk about it, fine, but it was worth a shot right.

A knock came from my door. Allowing the person to come inside, Natalie entered and announced, "Morning, Adrien. Today, you have a free schedule other than a photo shoot later in the day. For now, get ready and make the errands you need to carry out before then."

"Natalie, do I have to do this photo shoot? Everyone knows that I hate them!" I groaned in annoyance and pushed my head deeper into the soft pillow, trying to drain out the noise of my father's assistant talking.

"Adrien, you should be grateful that you only have one photo shoot a month." Natalie scolded.

I was silent for a moment and sighed, realising that Natalie was correct. I should be more thankful that my father only gives me one photo shoot a month. "You're right, Natalie. I'll be getting ready to go out. I'll be back before the shoot. I promise." The secretary nodded and left to give me some privacy.

I stared at the ceiling, finally deciding that I'm going to visit and confront Marinette.

~{*•*•*•*}~

I got freshened up and changed into a pair of blue jeans and and a green baseball tee and started making my way to the Dupain-Chengs. It was a good thing that I only lived a couple of blocks away.