HALLOWEEN SPECIAL

"I would like, if I may, to take you on a strange journey."

The Next DayMari's POV

The Next Day
Mari's POV

Bzzz bzzz bzzz

I groaned awake to the constant ringing in my ears. I harshly grabbed my phone and groggily looked at the contact.

I forced myself out of bed and swung open my curtains, regretting it immediately as I blinded myself and fell to the ground.

A loud but muffled guffaw sounded from outside.

With a pouted face and angered eyebrows, I slammed open my balcony doors and sent a death glare to the one and only Alya Cèsaire. "HAHAHA, GIRL YOU SHOULD'VE SEEN YOUR FACE HAHAHAHA!" The brunette cackled so much she ended up on the ground of the stoned balcony.

"Yeah yeah whatever." I rolled my eyes playfully. "What is it that you needed to tell me for you to wake me up so damn early?"

After yesterday's events in school, Adrien had caught me before I could run home and hide away for the rest of the day. He had also caught me crying and immediately pushed me to tell him what was on my mind. Obviously, I couldn't tell him that the mayor's daughter was telling me to back away from him or else I would get Chloe into trouble which would lead me into getting in trouble, and I don't want that to happen.

So, I denied the question. Told him I wasn't comfortable answering the question and, him being the gentleman he is, moved right along.

He reminded me of the reason he wanted to meet up in the first place and I was quick to apologise of my actions on that day we had a disagreement.

All things were cleared up and it's all back to normal.

Hopefully, the two of us don't have any more of those circumstances anytime soon because they were difficult to deal with.

"There's a Halloween party later this evening for the whole community. You and your family are coming right?" The girls stood up, dusting themselves off and then leaning against the rail of their balconies.

Marinette deadpanned. "Als, you do remember that the hospital committee has organised this event." The brunette nodded, seemingly unaware of why her newly formed best friend was taking with that tone and look. "...I am a part of that committee."

"Oh yeah~" Alya trailed off with a very high pitched voice. "That's besides the point." She swung her arm at the air. "I have the perfect idea for our costumes!~" Alya sang all giddily.

"Alright what is it?" Marinette could see the grin forming on her best friend's face.

~{*•*•*•*}~

"Girl, you are smokin' hot Jean Grey!" Alya whistled, as she zipped up her blue jumpsuit with yellow accents along with her finished light makeup and yellow-orange contacts. "Oooooo, Mari! Just imagine all the guys goggling you!"