S E V E N

"I don't like to give up on people when they need someone not to give up on them."

Adrien's POV

Adrien's POV

"So can everyone please make their way to the auditorium, thank you!" As soon as Ms Bustier announced that, crowds of people rushed in between our group, separating us.

I tried calling out for anyone but thought it was useless by the volume of the courtyard. I tried pushing my way through to find anyone but to no prevail. I gave up and followed the flow of the crowd and was able to regroup with Alya and Nino.

But no Marinette.

"Adrien!" Alya panicked, running up to me. "Marinette's not here and no one is left in the courtyard." She frantically sputtered our while Nino tried calming her down but was futile in doing so.

"What if she's in the restroom?" I tried reasoning but I couldn't help the growing anxiety in my chest.

"Dude, Alya already checked. She's no where to be seen." After hearing that, I combed my fingers through my hair before going silent, trying to think on where on Earth Mari may have ran.

"Adrien!" The red-headed teacher called through the curtain that led to the stage. "You're on third so be prepared." She noticed that the group wasn't complete. "Where's Marinette?"

"She's gone. We don't know where she is." Nino muttered loud enough for Ms Bustier to hear.

"Well you have to find her quick! There's no time to change the group times. It's either that or you don't go on at all. I'm sorry , guys. If there were any other way, I'd do it to help." She gave us a sympathetic look then leaving to find the rest of the bands.

I didn't even ask Nino or Alya if they could call Mari because I took that into my own hands. I pulled my phone out and contacted Marinette.

One ring...

Two rings...

Three...nothing.

I shook my head in frustration and put the phone to my ear again.

One...

Two...

Marinette's POV

"Hello? Marinette?"

I didn't answer back but I could feel the bed dip beside me. I didn't even have to look to know the look Bri was giving me right now. She was staying home because she wasn't feeling her best. Therefore, she was slightly confused on why I was home after being at school for like five minutes.