the star.

[ in case you'd like to listen to some music during the ball that fits the whole theme of the book. ]

You were drowning in fabric as the gleaming, mysterious car had come to pick you up. The ballgown that the prince himself specially gifted you wasn't obnoxiously large, and after a few minor changes had been made, it hugged each one of your curves perfectly. Due to the restricted space of the backseat, it felt like your dress was suffocating you while the chauffeur drove you to the palace.

                 It was the night of the ball, and you were frightened. You already knew for a fact that nobody in the higher class would be accepting you - or at the very least, only the prince would be. This was your first step into the vibrant stage light of the wealthy class, and for once, you would be on the same level as them to inspect and gawk at you as much as they pleased.

            "I must say, it's impressive to see somebody such as yourself climb to the top so quickly." The driver mentioned, breaking your train of thought. Your head craned away from the window-sill that showed you the passing scenery outside beginning to drown away into darkness. As you looked away, your orbs focused upon the rear-view mirror. Your eyes met with the drivers' reflection, and you could see the wrinkles forming near his temples due to his growing age.

              "Well, I wouldn't say that I have made it to the top. I am just the same woman as I was barely a week or two ago, and I still have nothing to my name." You responded politely to the man. His eyes repeatedly averted from the mirror onto the road, illuminated by the warm and bright headlights of the car.

              "You have the fact you work for the prince himself now. Surely that will attract some business for you?" The man carried on the conversation, determined to make some sort of small talk and save himself from the painful silence that once rested in the vehicle not too long ago. He seemed like the type who grew anxious from isolation and so was overly chatty to prevent his fear.

              "It is truly an honour to serve the prince himself. However, I feel inclined to keep such information classified. If word broke out about the emperor hiring my fortune-telling services, I don't think my business could take the surge of reservations that would come. I would be booked out for the whole year at the very least. I guess that's just the power of the royal family's fame, especially among the upper class." You replied, suspiring at the thought of the enormous workload which would come your way if the news was made public.

              "After all, I already have a generous salary from the prince. There is no need for me to worry any longer. If things continue to go North, I may be able to rent a better place to live in the foreseeable future." You added, a pleased smile on your lips as you already began to mentally say your condolences to the dump you were currently dwelling in. Anybody would be happy to live in a better place - your current home was so rundown and just about everything needed to be repaired.

              "Oh! By the way, is there anything I should take note of during this ball?" You questioned the chauffeur, hoping that he could give you some insight. Since he was a chauffeur from the palace, he must have driven several members of the upper class here and there. If anything, he most likely knew more about you.

              "Well, you should make a mental note not to stare too much at anybody or else you'll just cause them to spread rumours about you being lower than them. Most of the upper-class in this kingdom happen to be quite refreshing and relaxed. Each family has a unique sort of style, so there's not really an easy way to fit in." The driver confessed.

Undying Love ( Yandere x Reader )On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara