the moon.

Warning. This chapter contains scenes of nudity. Viewer discretion is advised.

                  The music and sound of chatter pierced your ears as you walked with Bastiaan through the golden ballroom. The grand space was similar to that of the hallways but circular and had a large, immodest chandelier hanging from the center of the ceiling. Inspecting Bastiaan's behaviour, it was obvious in the several moments you had been there that he was attempting to avoid any sort of attention to himself. He was quite the popular figure as of late and wasn't a big fan of such attention.

                  "Why are you trying so hard to avoid attention? You're not doing a very good job. You stick out like a sore thumb! You're the only person wearing all black here while everybody else is so colourful," You point out to him as you notice him beeline around the room. Immediately hiding behind different crowds whenever somebody accidentally met eyes with him and seemed to recognise him.

                  "All the more reason for me to try harder. The thought of these sex-deprived pigs having their beady eyes upon me and even just speaking to me makes me sick. Every single time I'm at a gathering like this in Itreseon, it's the same thing. They whisper, gossip and stare the whole time. I already have to deal with that princess, more than one of her is too much for even me."

                  "You don't seem to like them at all. Are they really that bad?" You inquire.

                  "I detest them. Last time I got caught up in one of Princess Stella's parties, they all bombarded me with questions and the women stuck onto me like glue. It was a nightmare. Personal space was non-existent," He complains, pouting and crossing his arms, getting upset from just the memory crossing his mind.

                  "If they bother you so much, why don't we just leave this ballroom already? It's not like Princess Stella is going to be checking up on us every several minutes. In fact, I have a feeling she must have forgotten about us already," You reassure him, not wishing to see the prince becoming stressed out over the fact that these people could possibly start bothering him once again.

                  "Fair enough, I'd rather receive an earful from Princess Stella if we get caught rather than having these people parade around me," Bastiaan replies, letting out a tiresome sigh before his eyes halt towards a glass door. You trace his eyes to where he was looking to with such intent, and discover him to be looking at the glass door with golden detailing that led out to the royal garden.

                  From what you could see from the glass, the garden had bunches of breathtaking flowers, exploding into a spectrum of colours throughout the garden. It was quite difficult to admire the sight however, especially with the sky darkening hastily as night was sneaking upon the kingdom.

                  Bastiaan proceeds to make his way towards the garden's entrance door that had been hidden behind the buffet tables of alcohol and small treats prepared by gourmet chefs. His hand meets the cold metal and gently presses down the door handle. As he pushes the door open, you feel a warm breeze hit your face. The prince pauses for a moment before stepping outside, leaving the door open for you to close. And you did just that before continuing to tail behind him like a lost puppy. Soon, you both walked down the several steps to go to the garden floor and you paused the moment you saw Bastiaan halt his footsteps before stepping upon the grass.

                  "Is something wrong?" You ask Bastiaan with concern, finding that his movements were fairly slow at the moment.

                  He looks over his shoulder at you and holds out his arm. He didn't have to even speak a word for you to understand what he wanted from you. Letting out a sigh, you link arms with the childish man. At last, you both proceed to step upon the luscious green grass that moulded to your footsteps as he led you around the garden.