the six of cups.

"It is lovely to be able to finally meet you once again, Prince Bastiaan," Odile's father announces, gesturing to the seat across from them at the long dining table. They were having afternoon tea in the garden, amongst the simple and common flowers, with nothing too impressive besides some shrubs carved into the shapes of different animals. Bastian bows to the king before taking his seat.

                  The sun beat down on the kingdom, granting a warm day unlike the usual weather they were forced to become used to. Deciding to make the best of the enjoyable weather, everybody had been trying their best to get out whenever they could.

                  "Yes, we apologise for putting off meeting you. We're quite busy preparing our children for the throne and with other matters. I'm sure you understand, especially since running a kingdom is no easy job," Odile's mother says afterwards, a somewhat fraud smile on her lips. She looked just like Odile despite the strands of white hair running through her blonde ones and wrinkles beginning to appear from her old age.

                  "It's nothing to worry yourselves over, it's understandable why you did so. Is there any reason in particular you invited me for private afternoon tea on this fine day?" Bastiaan questions, looking at the contents of the table. There were scones, muffins, cupcakes and other savoury treats prepared for them along with Trodour's traditional tea ready to be served.

                  "Well, we just wanted to greet you. Also because some rumours have caught our attention. We heard that you've been looking for a potential wife, and that our daughter is a suitress. Is that correct, prince Bastiaan?" The woman interrogates him, seeming like the more talkative and confident of the two royals.

                  "Indeed. My father has inclined me to find a wife if I wish to become king one day. So here I am. Marrying your daughter could bring many benefits to my kingdom, especially due to your notable military," Bastiaan replies. "But then again, your country has quite a few good things to do with it. You must know that Ophnosleanade doesn't partake in war that often so a good military isn't that important to us, especially due to our tactical advantage of where our kingdom is located in the first place."

                  "Better safe than sorry, Prince Bastiaan. Why not expand your kingdom? By marrying our daughter, I'm sure you can put our countless number of troops to good use. You also know how prevalent we are in trading and producing natural materials unlike Ophnosleanade that suffers from a harsh winter all year round," The woman responds, a small smile on her lips.

                  "I guess it is all up to how I want to rule Ophnosleanade when I take the throne. We already have great trade partners and while we do rely quite a bit on trade rather than our own resources, I don't think that's much of a problem unless a great storm occurs."

                  "Ophnosleanade is indeed a strong and reputable kingdom. It would also bring us some benefits. Your kingdom seems to have a sort of say or, power, if you will, over the other kingdoms. We could really use that due to how invested we are in war at the moment," The king cuts in, finally getting more than a few words in.

                  "I don't really wish to just focus so much on the military and war side of our kingdoms, Your Majesty. You must keep in mind that I'm looking for whatever the best 'deal' is that comes with the three potential wives I have in mind. War is not everything," Bastiaan reminds them as a butler approaches and begins to serve the tea, pouring the brown liquid into the teacups.

                  "Of course! Who else do you have in mind?" The queen asks, a curious glint in her blue eyes.

                  "Princess Lilou Becker of Staris and Princess Stella Hansen of Itreseon. Both notable kingdoms as well," Bastiaan replies.