the world.

Bastiaan sat snugly in a simple tearoom, isolated from the rest of the palace. His fingers drummed impatiently upon the wooden table, with one leg crossed over the other as he laid back upon the velvet-cushioned, wooden seat. The room was small, yet hat a cosy feeling thanks to the fireplace being set alight. Due to the climate, it was already becoming dark outside despite it only being a few hours past midday.

The spy which Bastiaan had sent sat opposite from him, fumbling with the large pockets in his coat before eventually taking out a notebook, listing down simply the things that he had seen.

"So? Get to it, I don't have all day," Bastiaan ushers the spy, not wishing to wait any longer to hear what you had been up to.

"Of course, Your Highness. I've written notes in this book," The spy replies before hastily opening this notebook, skipping past several pages, before halting at a collection of pages with notes written messily in black ink, with smudges here and there.

"Well? Read it to me," Bastiaan orders urgently, motioning to the spy with his hand to speed up.

"I shall begin. I managed to catch up to the young lady despite the storm, with much luck on my side. It was difficult to see due to the heavy snow, but I could make out the figure of a well-built, young man at her doorstep. He was drunk, given the empty bottles of alcohol next to him. I couldn't hear very well, but the man appeared to be quite upset. He had light hair, skin and eyes, making a fair appearance overall. He wore a genuine fur coat, so most likely is of a notable rank," The spy begins.

"Fair? Well-built? Young? Drunk? What in the world did they get up to? Surely she turned him away, did she not?" Bastiaan cuts the spy off, a mass of questions beginning to spill from his lips.

The spy had never heard Bastiaan so concerned before, so felt inclined to carry on. "She let him inside of her home-"

"Goodness heavens, no!" Bastiaan howls before burying his face into the palms of his hands, expressing his great dismay to what he had just heard.

"Shall I go on?"

"Yes, I must hear everything," Bastiaan confirms, regaining his composure.

"Well, after they went inside, I struggled to find a place to watch them, but managed to find a window. I could see that they were talking over a cup of tea. They talked for a while before retiring upstairs. The man took off his shirt, and she provided him his a mattress to sleep on the floor next to her bed," The spy describes the scene perfectly.

"You must be kidding me. I leave her alone for barely even a few hours, and she's already up to no good? They practically slept next to each other, utterly unacceptable. Did you see what happened this morning before your departure?" Bastiaan presses on.

"Just before I left, I saw that they woke up and had tea once again. However, the scene was disturbed by a young woman, who went by the name Abella, yell at the man, addressing him as 'Florian'. It appeared that they had been engaged, only for their engagement to be broken off due to this woman's unfaithfulness. The young woman you had sent me to watch over watched behind them in dismay. The young woman was eventually forced to leave," The spy explains, pausing every now and again in order to read his notes carefully. Due to his rugged handwriting and the smudges of ink, reading the information that he had jotted down was a fairly difficult task.

"What a peculiar scene. And that's all you heard, yes?"

"Yes," The spy repeats.