the wheel of fortune.

Please come and join my new discord server! I'll be holding some winter themed events soon and will be looking for people to participate and potentially become mods. There will be sneak peeks and rewards for these events! I'd love to meet you guys, so feel free to join if you'd like. Please enjoy this chapter. https://discord.gg/KFdT3J5krn

                  It was now time for you and Bastiaan to depart from the kingdom of Trodour. The palace that you were both once welcomed into with such warm arms. There was now a slight chill in the air and the eagle-like stares of the staff would not let up, even now. Under the oppressive glares of everybody around you, the only sense of security that you had was Bastiaan.

                  Despite how much you disliked his bratty and childish behaviour, for once you couldn't help but feel somewhat grateful. Unlike usual, your arms weren't linked this time as you walked along the halls with Bastiaan. You had managed to stand your ground and object to it but he only agreed to it for this one time. Of course he wouldn't let you easily get your way.

                  The familiar hallways seemed to fly by as you both dawned upon the entrance of the palace, where you found several knights and butlers awaiting to see Prince Bastiaan off. You noticed none of the royals, particularly Princess Odile, were nowhere to be seen since the incident. You couldn't blame her though, and were guessing she was most likely moping about in her room.

                  The car was neatly parked at the end of the flight of steps, awaiting the two of you to get in. A grave expression was on your face, as you still longed to wish Odile farewell. After all, she was one of the first friends you had made since waking up in the unforgiving streets.

                  "[Name], I'll let you return home when we get back. But only for a few days," Bastiaan informs you, a slight blush on his cheeks as his dark orbs faltered to the right, avoiding eye contact with you due to embarrassment.

                  "Why only for a few days? I thought readings were only every week?" You interrogate him, arms crossed in a stubborn manner. You had learned you had to be somewhat against some of the things he said if you didn't want him to just push you around all the time with his demands.

                  "Because I said so. You have to follow royal orders whether you like it or not," Bastiaan demands, now walking slightly faster than you in order to prevent you from looking at his face. You shake your head and sigh as you both exit the palace, approaching the steps.

                  Looking over your shoulder, you take one last look at the humble palace of the Agnes family, completely made of stone that were nearly as grey as the cloudy sky, threatening to weep upon the earth once again. You look up to where you knew Odile's bedroom to be, only to jump slightly to see her looking down at you from so far away.

                  It was difficult to see her due to the distance but it was quite obvious she was still in a poor mood. After all, her hair wasn't as neat and her whole aura just seemed off. Her countenance was not as mature nor bright as you initially knew it to be. As your eyes sunk into her crystal blue, ocean orbs, you could feel yourself drowning in her distant gaze.

                  After several moments, Odile realises what was happening and flinches away, immediately pulling her ivory curtains closed. However, you could still her figure hunched over by the window through the translucent fabric, looking more pitiful than ever.

                  You sigh before your attention quickly diverts from this to the slipping surface beneath you. Falling forwards, you zip your head back to the front to be met with the nearing cobblestone. You can't help but gasp with surprise as you stumble forwards, squeezing your eyes shut and preparing yourself for impact.