the four of pentacles.

As the sun only just began to rise around the tenth hour of the morning, you sat at your small, circular, wooden table downstairs. You caressed a warm porcelain teacup of a muddy liquid within your hands, enjoying its warmth against your cold skin. You had woken up fairly late considering the time you finally fell asleep at, and were now awaiting Florian to wake as well.

                  The young man had stayed the night, with only the occasional, miniature snore being let out every once in a while. You could tell just from the state of him that he was absolutely shattered due to the recent events he had had to endure, and so you didn't dare wake him. You jumped slightly, hearing the staircase begin to creak, signalling that he was now making his way downstairs after finally awakening.

                  He sluggishly enters the room, his bright hair in a fix and his wonderful orbs crowning a pair of dark eye bags. He had received a sufficient amount of sleep, and yet, seemed even more tired than he was last night. He groans due to a pain through his head, and squints his eyes shut for a brief moment. Nevertheless, he still manages to utter groggily: "Good morning, [Name]. How did you sleep?"

                  "Quite well. I should ask the same of you, considering you had to sleep on the floor. I hope it wasn't too uncomfortable," You respond, hands cupping around your tea with a firmer grip. You had to contain yourself, not wanting to press on too much about the stories and memories he had to tell of your former life.

                  "It was very comfortable, surprisingly. I apologise if I acted quite, impolite shall we say, last night. I was intoxicated, and was not fully aware of everything I was saying, and I admit that I can not remember several bits of the night. Therefore, I hope you do not mind," He speaks formally despite his ragged appearance, with a great regal air surrounding each word he spoke.

                  "Not to worry, if you want I can jog your memory a bit."

                  "No need. And don't worry either, I still haven't forgotten my word at the very least. I am going to tell you everything once I have properly awoken, it is the least I can do."

                  "Alright," You confirm, easing your muscles at his words of reassurance. You could rest a little easier during the morning now, knowing that your questions would all be answered soon.

                  "Countess [Name], are you having black tea once again?" He asks, carrying on the conversation.

                  "Hm?" You reply dumbfoundedly, before regaining your composure and looking down at the teacup in your hands, "Oh! Yes, yes I am. It's a great start to my day, and I bought quite a lot of black tea when the prices dropped. So now I have quite a lot stocked up, which I need to get through."

                  "Are you particularly fond of tea? How about I purchase you a tea set? Perhaps some exotic tea from abroad?" He offers eagerly, seeming desperate to spend some sort of coin on you.

                  "No thank you, it's quite alright. Just hearing about what you have to say about my past is enough to satisfy me. With the pay that I am now receiving from the Prince, I can buy nearly anything I've ever dreamed of," You insist, waving your hand as you turn down his offer.

                  "From the Prince?"

                  "Oh! I'm not supposed to be telling anybody. Well, please promise you won't utter a word!"

                  "Only if you now answer my questions as well," He responds with a mischievous smirk forming upon his lips, and his groggy eyes sparking back into life at the opportunity.