the tower.

Your eyes crack open as you hear the distant chirping of birds, muffled by the double gazed windows, signaling to you that morning had arrived. You felt incredibly warm upon awakening, as if being held by the touch of angels in the Spring. Slowly regaining your senses and remembering where you were to begin with, this fantasy of a tranquil and calming morning in luxury melted away as you snapped back into reality. Your eyes focus, and you're face to face with a broad chest clothed with silk cloth, and the melodious snoozing of a young man hugging you in his strong, secure embrace.

Alarmed by the close proximity, you immediately attempt to edge yourself away, only to find that despite being asleep, his embrace surrounding you was as stern as iron, not budging by the slightest inch despite of your efforts. You had been caught off guard, especially since you only remembered falling asleep on the complete opposite side of the bed. As you inspected the situation, it soon came to your realisation that perhaps this was your own fault. You appeared to have moved around quite a bit during your slumber, and now you were on his side of the mattress.

Flustered and not knowing what to do, you look up at Bastiaan. You could feel his soft, warm breath hit your cheek as he slept, his coal black locks in disarray and covering up most of his eyelids. He was meant to be completely vulnerable and unknowing of anything currently taking place but for some reason, you still could not overcome him. Despite being asleep, his arms surrounded your body completely, holding you close to his chest.

The only way you could escape was by waking the snoozing man but he looked so peaceful as he slept that you nearly felt guilty just by thinking of doing so. You shook your head and decided to push through with what you desired to do for your freedom once again. You shake Bastiaan as much as you could with your depleted early morning strength, only for him to not give any sort of response or sign of waking up in return.

"Your Highness? It's time to wake up," You say, taking note of the time listed on the clock by the bedside table. You had both slept in by approximately thirty minutes, and your absence from the palace was going to be quite obvious.

You wait several moments, looking up at him impatiently only to receive no response. However after a few more moments, the young man finally showed signs of awakening as he rustled and shifted around slightly in his place.

"I refuse," He utters complainingly in a weak voice that contrasted heavily with his usual tone, not wishing to get up from bed. He shrugs you off, attempting to ignore you as he wished to sleep on for longer.

"You told me that you don't sleep in but that's exactly what we're doing right now. We have to get up, Your Highness," You tell him, trying to break away from his grip on you once again. You move your hand up to his face and gently brush his dark strands away from his eyes. They were still closed, making it clear that he had no intentions of leaving the bed anytime soon.

He groans in response to your bickering, too unbothered to form a proper sentence at this point. You sigh hopelessly, finding that even in the morning he was still the same stubborn prince you knew him to be.

Before you could get a chance to escape by waking up Bastiaan on your own, you hear the doors of the bedroom open and slam. You then hear a single pair of footsteps enter the room and you immediately pull the duvet over your head as you could not move in Bastiaan's tight embrace but also did not wish to be found out. If word got out about you sleeping next to royalty in the same bed, you would get in unspeakable trouble. Remaining as motionless as possible, your ears perked up as you listened in on the unidentified visitor.