the five of swords.

This chapter contains moderately sexual scenes. Viewer discretion is advised.

                    "So, my boy, how has your father been?" An older man speaks out, sitting at the head of a grand chestnut table, decorated with a red cloth running perfectly straight from top to bottom. Sat in the dining hall, Bastiaan feels his boredom seep into his soul, inclining his eyes to wander. Looking at the large window panes, he feels the morning sun caress his skin, like a mother's touch.

                  "He has been quite alright," He responds curtly, fingers drumming lightly on the table, not loud enough to make a sound capable of being heard from the opposite end of the room, where the King of Itreseon sat next to his daughter, Princess Stella Hansen.

                  "That's great news. I apologise that my wife was unable to attend our brunch. Things were quite short notice, and she was already scheduled to go play croquet with the other ladies of the upper class on this fine morning. What have you been up to as of late?" The King asks, his voice welcoming and somewhat soothing as well. He appeared to be kind-hearted and respectful to those who respected him.

                  "Papa, why even bother asking Prince Bastiaan that? He's always up to nothing fun," Stella comments shortly after in a hushed tone, yet it was still within Bastiaan's earshot.

                  "I'd rather be a respectable young man whom my father can be proud of," Bastiaan responds in a firm tone, causing Stella to sink within her seat, as if trying to hide away from Bastiaan's glares.

                  "Now, now. Why is it that you two must always argue in some type of way, no matter whose company you are in?" Her father intervenes, raising his hand as if signalling the two to halt the urge to spite one another.

                  "I think it's sexual tension, papa," Stella states confidently.

                  "It's nothing of the sort," Bastiaan insists immediately, eyes widening with embarrassment from the fact she would dare speak such things in front of her own father.

                  Not particularly taken aback, the king simply waves his hand and decides to try his best to at least ease up the atmosphere a little bit, "Now, now. Stella, I incline you to be on your best behaviour in the presence of Bastiaan. He is our guest and we are accommodating, so enough of your comments. Everybody is their own person. On another note, do you really expect Bastiaan to marry you with your attitude? He is looking for a lifetime companion, not a fling."

                  Stella bites her lip to suppress her anger, not being able to object to her own father's wishes. "My apologies, perhaps I stepped out of line for a brief moment," She forces out of her mouth.

                  "It is quite alright," Bastiaan responds smugly, an inevitable smirk appearing on his lips.

                  "So tell me, what have your mother and father been up to as of late?" The king asks, a small smile on his lips.

                  Stella's eyes widen as she immediately clings onto her fathers arm in a cautioning motion, "Father! Do you not remember what happened? You know better than to-"

                  "My father has been attending his royal duties and sticking his nose into my business as usual, while my mother is six feet under," Bastiaan responds plainly, his eyes wandering to the golden dish in front of him. He had not touched the food even once, despite the hunger beginning to growl in his stomach. And now having talked about his mother, his appetite was ruined.