Mistakes

Humans to me were magnificent, interesting. I always wanted to learn more and more about them despite the few dark souls other angels had mentioned about. One specific human had caught my full interest. Specifically the one I was chosen to look over.

A blond with sparkling blue eyes and a heart so pure I could feel it. His cheeks were littered with little freckles and his voice was that of an angel's. Sweet and soft. Gentle.

But he had fallen into depression. His heart didn't beat with it's usual excitement. His smile didn't widen as it did when he was cheery and full of his usual ecstasy. His eyes didn't have their usual sparkle, but a sad dimness instead.

His thoughts, his thoughts made me ache. It made my heart clench and my eyes tear up. An angel was always filled with positivity and pureness, feeling negative emotions was uncommon between many.

But this human had gotten through me. His cries echoed in my head all day, all night, the things he thought about squeezed my heart, his loneliness was felt by me as well. I wanted to assure him everything would be alright, but I couldn't.

It's an angel's job to make sure we are kept unseen. To be kept hidden and nothing but a myth to the humans we look over.

The cloud beneath me was as sturdy as concrete yet it offered a way down. But not a way back up.

If I were to fall, I could never return to heaven. It's been considered, not only by me but also many other angels. Angels that wanted a life to build, but that is physically impossible.

I went to stand up, when a deep pain erupted in my chest. My ears caught the sounds of cries and pleas and my wrists began to sting. He was hurting himself. I could feel his pain and emotions, and it made my lips curve downwards.

Another agonizing pain stung my wrist and I instinctively brought my fingers over the untouched skin. I closed my eyes and healed his scars. To him, it wasn't instant and didn't show. The scars remained but the pain the cuts left were now only felt by me instead. "Colby,"

My head snapped to one of the higher ranked Angels standing just behind me. His blond hair reached his shoulders and his bright hazel eyes quietly told me not to do what I intended. I shook my head.

"I can't do this." I stood up and turned to him. "Do not, child. It is against the law-" "I don't care if it's against the law!" I yelled, looking straight into his eyes with a look of desperation and anger.

"He's hurting! And -And I can't let that happen." I shook my head and spread my wings. The feathers shown brightly to my side and swayed lightly when the wind hit against them. "Stop this right now!" The angel's voice boomed as more came to watch.

I spread my arms to my sides and took two steps back. "I hope I served you well, but this is my goodbye." I said lastly, leaning back and shutting my eyes as I began to fall.

The wind hit harshly at my back, wings not able to slow my fall. My clothes fluttered against the force and my feathers began to ache lightly as heat began to tingle.

Fire caught onto the tips of my wings as my fall began to quicken, approaching earth faster than supposed to. The white of my feathers turned black from the fire which began to slowly spread along all of them.

To others, I would look like a meteorite heading straight towards earth but humans didn't have the ability to see me unless I allowed it.

Before I could permanently lose my wings to the fire, my body hit a strong surface of water and I was instantly engulfed by the cool liquid. Unconsciousness hit me strong too and darkness took over my sight..

When I woke up, I was covered in dirt and bits of grass but didn't have time to question it as I quickly turned over and began coughing out water. I gasped for air and control until I got all the water out of my lungs.

I rolled onto my back with my arms and legs spread out and stared up at the dull sky. I was no longer in heaven, infact, I was far from it.

((New story! I don't know why I made one but I did so.. ☺️))