Deep Under

~Third P.O.V

  Weeks of love and pure affection was shared between the two soulmates, and life just seemed to better itself between them. The angels of heaven were still angered and in a state of disbelief but this was nothing new.

The angels have dealt with such situations. But after such a long time of angels and humans not connecting bonds only chosen by fate and fate itself, they were angered to see how easily one of their own picked the life on earth rather than their true purpose in heaven.

But it was love, and love always wins.

That's why the two boys found themselves on the high cliff of a mountain, staring out into the beautiful colored rays of the sun setting and the moon emerging.

The two came here every week. Every week to watch the beauty of what earth offered and what they had both missed out on before. Sam was finally happy.

No more nightmares, no more harm and pain, no more depression and dread. He had Colby, he had his love, and he had his heart all together. Not a day passes when the two aren't smiling toothily, the happiness and ecstasy evident from just the look in their eyes.

They didn't need to smile for others to see they were happy, their eyes said it all, and their hearts always beat against their rib cages when they touched or locked eyes of love.

"Colby, don't step so close." Sam warned for the millionth time that evening. Colby had broken a wing only two days prior and it still hadn't healed. How had he broken it? Well let's just say a game of wrestling and play between them did enough damage.

Of course, they couldn't visit a doctor or a hospital, but Colby insisted it was a mere sprain and would get healed soon. It was a lie, and Sam knew that, as to why he kept warning his soulmate from his spot on the ground.

The injury was unfortunate, as Colby had promised Sam a fly over anywhere he wished. They were both excited, but accepted that they wouldn't be able to complete that wish just yet.

"The waters are beautiful, Sam." Colby whispered from his position near the edge, looking down at the crashing waves with sparkling eyes. "They are." Sam confirmed, smiling lightly as he watched Colby looked down in awe.

Sam's smile soon began to disappear when a little crackling was heard. He looked back at Colby and the ground under him but they both seemed alright and sturdy. The two always sat the edge, there was nothing to worry about.

But as they say, something always happens because of fate, correct? Then maybe this was Colby's fate.

The ground began to crackle once more, and the wary expression on Colby's face confirmed danger. "Colby, stay still. D-Don't move." Sam said in horror, slowly standing up and inching towards his soulmate.

"I'm okay, Sam. I'm okay." Colby soothed, probably sensing the danger of their situation as well. This was not supposed to happen. They've visited for so long, why now? Why when they were both finally happy?

But maybe this wasn't the end.

Sam inched closer and closer with his hand stretched out. When he took another step forward, the ground crackled further and he stopped abruptly. "Colby, g-grab my hand." He said and tried stretching his hand further without moving and risking the situation more.

"Sam.." Colby whispered, knowing what was bound to happen, but Sam wasn't having it and shook his head. "No, grab my hand. We can make this." His voice was stern and confident, but really, he was crumbling inside. He was scared, terrified.

Colby stretched his hand as well, trying to grab Sam's hand but wasn't able to. There fingers were hovering so close but one step from both could end everything.

"Colby no, please." Sam whispered, feeling his eyes tear up when he saw Colby's face pale and his hand slowly drop. He smiled sadly at the blond as the ground began to expectantly break, glancing down at the water then back at his soulmate.

"NO! No, don't do this to me! This is not the end, Colby! We can make it, please!" Sam screamed, trying to look for a way out of this. But they both knew their was no way out. This was fate's doing, and they couldn't change it.

"I love you Sam."

The ground crackled again, and the ground beneath them officially broke. "COLBY NO!" Sam's scream sounded in the air as Colby went down, falling down to his death with his wings spread out and his arms spread like he was trying to grasp onto something.

If he was going to die, he would want to die in his true form; an angel. But the pain once gone instantly crashed on both just as Colby hit the hard surface of the water below.

Sam's heart dropped, pain struck it with a knife, and he dropped down to his knees. Colby's body was engulfed in water, slowly sinking deep under.

Sam's heart was stuttering. But not in love and ecstasy.

In heart ache and defeat.

Until it no longer beat.