Of Pure Hearts

~Third P.O.V

  Sam died of heartbreak that night. His body was curled on the rough dirt, his skin was pale under the shining moonlight and both their fate had been set. The affection was too strong, and once it was lost, the two were lost with it.

Colby's body had sunk deeper and deeper into the ocean and was surrounded my animals that mourned. Fish stopped near, crabs placed seashells all around him and seaweed wrapped themselves over and around his body in a show of appreciation and respect.

A little burial for the fallen angel.

The angels in heaven were mourning just as much. But they held great respect for the young angel. Three angels were assigned down to earth. They were assigned to bury both soulmates together, to pay the respects they deserved.

Colby was scout down in the ocean and Sam was found on the cliff as expected. The angels cleaned them off and buried them just under the tree Colby used to sit under.

There, the animals that had once felt Colby's kindness mourned as well. They placed flowers all around the grave just as the crabs did in the ocean. Bunnies planted flowers around the grave that held both soulmates, and birds tweeted from above them on tree branches.

Inside the grave, both soulmates were held in each other's arms. But Colby's wings were left as ashes just in the same form. Their fingers were interwhined and they were laid in a position where they both face each other.

It was sad.

Angels from heaven also peered over clouds in complete and utter silence. They had lost another angel, and to love. But they couldn't really change that. They were happy the young angel at least got to pass with his soulmate rather than a war bound to happen, that may have also had taken the angel's life.

The moonlight shone down on the soulmates' grave, casting a soft atmosphere to surround them all.

And on top of the grave, laid the flower crown Colby had made for the love of his life. But it was dying just as expected. The white petals were dropping and the stems were turning into a color of death.

The love between them was remarkable, a love no one had ever felt this strongly, a love that made others feel like smiling just at the sight of them.

Life will carry on, angels will fall for their soulmates.

Death will reach them all.

But love will always win in the end.

T H E  E N D

Down to Earth | @COLBAEFAN