Eggs And Bacon

The thunderous claps of lighting and the loud spluttering of rain, sounded from outside making flashes of light brighten the house before blackening out again. The angels were angered once more after connecting the bond with between Sam and I. But it was too late now. Sam and I have connected and it's fate.

I jumped to my feet once the wind forced the casement windows open, allowing the rush of harsh wind in. With struggled strength, I forced them back closed and sighed in exhaustion.

Sam stirred from his spot on bed and frowned when he couldn't feel me anymore. Hastily, I returned to his side and slowly slid back into bed. When he felt my presence return he snuggled closer and curled into my chest.

Fortunately, Sam was a heavy sleeper and didn't wake up to the thundering storm outside. Though I was a heavy sleeper alike, I hadn't slept in the first place in order to sleep the storm out.

I wrapped my arms around him when he began to shiver lightly and kissed his forehead comfortingly. Looking down at him, I couldn't help but think of how peaceful he looked. I was finally at ease knowing he wouldn't have to sleep alone anymore. Or go through a nightmare alone.

It was heartbreaking as is so I'm glad seeing him in such a peaceful state. I ran gentle fingers through his blond locks and closed my eyes in a final attempt to fall asleep.

I woke up the next day to a constant tugging in my heart and forced my eyes open to see no Sam. I frowned silently and moved myself off the bed. I looked around the room and listened carefully for any sign of movement.

The little sizzle and splatter outside made me smile lightly and silently open the door. I slipped out of the room and spotted Sam in his little kitchen, stirring up something I couldn't make out.

I approached sneakily and leaned down to his ear. "What are you making?" I whispered making him jump in fright and cry out. I laughed lightly and wrapped my arms around him when he turned to face me, feeling the tugging in my heart die down.

"Don't do that." He huffed, not hugging back but evidently leaning into my touch. I chuckled and nodded, kissing his forehead when he pouted. His frown instantly softened and a smile replaced his pouting frown.

"What are you making?" I repeated once he pulled away and went back to the weird.. thing pushed against the wall. "Eggs and bacon." Sam smiled lightly and hummed a song as he stirred the.. eggs and ba-bacon.

I frowned at the sound of it and peered over his shoulder. "Bacon? What's that?" I've heard of eggs before but never bacon, so I had my fair suspicions. "It's.. never mind, it's good though." He wave me away, making me frown further.

"Sam, what's bacon?" I asked again, making him sigh hesitantly. "It's meat.. from a pig." He mumbled quietly making me gasp. "You killed a pig? Why? You're killing nature and-" "I didn't kill a pig! I-I just bought the meat." He quickly said, looking up at me with worried eyes and grabbing my hands. I looked away.

"I'm sorry Colby, I-It's all I really have right n-now. I know you don't like killing animals a-and I'm sorry." He mumbled sadly and hugged onto me. I nodded with a quiet sigh and nuzzled my head into the crook of his neck.

"You can eat eggs if you like," he squeaked, making me chuckle and hug him tighter. "Alright, I'll have.. eggs. But I don't know how it tastes." I murmured, making him gasp dramatically and pull away.

"That is un-acceptable," He shook his head and grabbed my hand before pulling me towards the small table and pushing me down on one of the chairs. "Stay." He ordered firmly making me chuckle and watch him scurry back around in the kitchen.