Nature's Best and It's Worst

The grass around me was tall enough to hide little creatures within them. Like little bunnies. I watched as the little things hopped around me, occasionally snuggling under the crook of my knee and squirming out.

Angels were known for having an assuring aura that attracted precious animals around. Our positive aura brought animals to peace and earned us their trust quite easily actually.

I felt a little nudge on my elbow and looked down to find another grey rabbit snuggling at my side. "Hello, precious. Where did you come from?" I asked sweetly, gently caressing their soft fur.

I looked away from the little animals and watched distantly as the human walked down the path of his home with something weird plugged in his ears. I found it odd and quite uncomfortable as I eyed those things, wondering how they could stand the feeling of it.

The human has been doing that for a few days; jogging. I'd watch him from afar under my spot under the tree and try to understand the reasoning behind it. In the end, I gave up on it and just watched him with amusement.

My body was still aching painfully and my wings felt even more sore from having to keep them hidden for so long. I wasn't trained to hide my wings for such a long duration as I hadn't any reason to. But now I could only wish I was trained.

I let out a tired sigh and leaned my head against the tree trunk, petting the bunnies with my cut up palms. The blood on my body had fortunately dried off and my open wounds had thankfully stopped bleeding so I didn't feel as woozy as my first day on earth.

Did the angels in heaven miss me? Did they actually care that I had jumped, fallen?

My thoughts were cut off by the sound of growling and my eyes shot open. I snapped my head to my right just in time to spot a creature with sharp teeth and a small body eyeing me with it's bared teeth.

I stayed still with wide eyes until it let out a loud bark making me shoot up.
My shriek reached the blond's ears, and probably others more, making him look my way.

My hands scrapped at the tree bark as I climbed up in fear, but the creature kept barking at me and started scratching at the bark. My body shook in fear as I moved onto another branch and hugged my arms. Get away!

The sound of laughter made my ears perked and I looked up to the source. My heart fluttered upon seeing the little smile on he human's face, bringing a smile onto my own. He was happy, I could feel it.

Yet that quickly dropped when I realized the situation I'm in. I looked down at the creature and tried shooing it away but it kept barking. I frowned in frustration and huffed.

When it kept barking to no stop I let out a deep growl making it whimper and cower away. I looked back up to look for the human but sighed when he was no where to be seen.

I got out of the tree when I made sure the creature ran off and slumped down against said tree. I pulled my knees up to my chest with a little wince and folded my arms on them, using them as a cushion for my head.

As I did so, I could feel the faint happiness coming from the human. But as usual, it began fading away until it was nothing but a void. I hated that, I wanted him to smile and laugh. Not to dread and frown. It pains me just as much.

I let out a sudden yelp of pain when I felt my back drown in agony. My muscles became tense and my fingers curled into a tight fist. I shut my eyes tightly and forced my wings back down. It was becoming too painful.

And being out in the open is the last place I want to be.

Letting out a shaky breath, I resorted with uncurling myself and plucking some flowers near me. I began weaving them patiently into a crown and tried to be rid of the pain soaring through my body.

When I was done that, I placed it playfully on my head and sighed. When I realized weaving flowers and grass would only temporarily ease my pain, I fell back asleep like I did my every other day on earth. It's the only way I know.