Fixed Hearts

Sam was in a state of curiosity and astonishment. I could feel it, plus his widened eyes gave off the impression too. My lips curved into a little smile and I nodded lightly in confirmation.

"We were destined to be together, that's why it hurt all those times. Once we connect it, the pain will be replaced by pure affection and love." I explained, clutching my heart instinctively once a sharp pain stung at it.

Sam also clutched his heart with a pained mewl making me inch a little closer so the pain wasn't as bad should we have been too far. Sam looked up at me with naturally glossed eyes and inched closer as well.

"I.. I want to connect the bond. I-If you want to o-of course?" He murmured quickly and I smiled. I silently stood up and placed my hand out for him. He reluctantly stood up as well and looked down at my hand.

I raised it so it was facing his way and felt his heart beat faster. I could feel the same.

"Lay your palm against mine," I whispered encouragingly and nodded. Reluctantly he did as told and slowly raised his hand towards mine. I pushed mine closer until both palms touched and a sudden wisp of wind passed through the house, blowing softly through our clothes and hair.

Our eyes lit up evidently and our hearts jolted in our chests as we locked eyes. The wind gently sent some of Sam's hair swaying over his forehead and in front of his eyes. He looked absolutely gorgeous.

The excitement in me reached my wings making them spread out confidently before wrapping around Sam and pulling him closer to me. His bright smile mirrored my own as I looked down at him with clouded golden eyes.

"This is amazing," he breathed, clutching against me in a hug. My arms coiled around him as well and stayed like that until we both on our knees and in each other's arms.

The wind died down slowly, taking the agony we both felt away with it. When the two of us calmed down visibly, I slowly unwrapped myself from around him and let my wings slump at his sides.

I gazed into Sam's bright, blue eyes and grinned happily. "I.. I could feel it; the affection." He laughed happily, clutching his heart with a bright smile. "I can feel it too. The bond has connected." I hugged him, pulling him even closer to me.

Sam hugged back just as tightly before gasping and pulling away. "Your wings! Look Colby!" He exclaimed, pointing at the two freshly whitened wings laying at his sides. I lifted them off the ground and gasped once I ran my fingers over the untouched feathers. They were cured.

A thought shot into my mind and I looked down at Sam. I took his hand in mine and cautiously pulled up his sleeve. I ran my thumb over the untouched skin, grinning brightly when I realized there were no more cuts.

The slit flesh was healed, only leaving faint scars and soft, tender skin.

"This is.. this is extraordinary. Do I have wings too now?" Sam breathed, standing up and jumping onto the couch. He turned to face me before spreading out his arms, closing his eyes, and throwing himself off.

My eyes widened in horror and I quickly moved forward, catching him in my arms. When he re-opened his eyes, I glared down at him making him smile guiltily and chuckle.

"You don't have wings, Sam." I sighed softly, sitting down on the ground and seating him on my crossed legs. His smaller form fit perfectly into me making it all the better. "Well that's boring. You know, being soulmates with an angel and all.." he trailed off jokingly, making me chuckle and nuzzle his hair.

I'm happy Sam opened up to me in such a short amount of time. This will only further power our bond..

((Sorry for the slow of updates! Hope you enjoyed!))