Misunderstandings

Angel's were light sleepers, well some, but I wasn't one of them. The slightest of things couldn't wake me up but when you're in a situation like myself, it was pretty hard to fall into deep slumber and let my guard down.

That's how I ended up waking to the swooshes of grass and the cracks of small stems. I opened my eyes merely and looked up at the silhouette blocking the sunlight that pierced my eyes.

My eyes widened upon seeing the human and I instinctively shuffled back a little. I looked around confused and spotted those things plugged in his ears again were now wrapped around his hand, and sweat soaked his pit areas and back. For such a skinny human he sweats a lot.

The human noticed my confused look and he sighed. He put out his hand for me and nudged his head in the direction of his home. "Heal up and then you're out." He said, rolling his eyes in annoyance when I hesitated to take his hand.

When I finally took it though, he pulled me up with a wince and began walking in the direction of his home. I followed silently after until we reached the small platform and he disappeared inside.

The house wasn't like the many I've seen the time I landed on earth. Those were much bigger and secured than this one. This one was simple and almost fit for a single individual.

My lips curved downwards upon thinking of the human and the pain he had gone through. Does he not have family to visit?

I let out a painful yelp when my back began to ache and toppled down to my knees. I clenched my jaw in pain and fisted my hands as I tried to contain the power over my wings.

The human was quick to run over, eyes filled with panic and confusion. My vision began to darken and my eyes began to close just when the pain stopped. I panted in exhaustion and hung my head low as I tried to calm my stressed nerves.

When I realized the atmosphere was too quite I reluctantly looked back up and looked at the human. His eyes were as wide as they could go, his lips were parted ever-so slightly, and it seemed he was stopped midway from climbing to his feet.

Before I could question his weird state, I glanced into the rusty body mirror stood against the wall to see that surely, my wings were popped out and spread wide to my sides with confidence.

When I turned back to face the human, my right wing hit a glass vase and shattered when it hit the ground. I winced in panic and quickly looked up at the blond.

My wings were large. They are usually folded up against my back but both from the pain of my back and need to stretch, they were spread out, the battered and dirty feathers looking much real than one would imagine.

I cherished my wings and to see them this dirty and injured was saddening. The burnt feathers on my wing left little dried blood and black ash to top it off, and the dirt that covered the white was a lot.

When I re-directed my attention to the human, he was shaking his head in disbelief and climbing fully to his feet. "T-This.. This can not be happening." He stammered, backing away enough to bump into the small table and send the contents over.

"You.. Y-You're not real. This is all fake, no." He said, running his hands over his face and shaking his head. "Don't panic." I tried, slowly standing up and putting my arms out like one would do when trying to calm a vicious animal.

"Don't panic?!" He snapped, making me jump in surprise and furrow my brows. "How can I 'not panic' when I have a fucking angel in my living room?!" He began to scream and I knew it would begin to draw attention.

My eyes caught onto the wrist-band strapped around his left hand and on the words written on it: 'Sam Golbach'.

I looked back up to meet his eyes but he was already stomping towards me with a kind of rage in his eyes. "S-Sam, wait, what are you- AUHHH!" I screamed, when he began pulling at my wings, yanking harshly.

"You're not real! This is fake!!"

"S-Stop!" I cried, the aching of my wounds and his roughness darkening my vision to no stop until I had surely passed out.

((Sorry for late update! But also, just wanted ya'll to know that this is just a short story with no exact plot behind it. It will have an ending of course but it isn't like my other stories with plot twists and such, it's more of a fluff book but the fluff isn't exactly in this chapter😂. Enjoy!❤️))