Cold as Stone

Earth was a large place and that was quickly proven when I had moved away from my spot on the ground and began to roam. Fortunately, I had landed in a river rather than solid land but I still came out with sever injuries.

Healing for angels on earth takes longer than in heaven and actually requires treatment. Self-healing does happen but that wouldn't be enough and would take longer.

My wings were hidden from the human eye as I walked through the street. Aside from the physical pain my body felt, my eyes still lit up every time I stumbled across another human.

The sky was getting darker as I walked though making me sigh in defeat. Clouds began to darken and faint thunder was heard in the background. The angels were angry.

Furrowing my brows, I limped away for a few more minutes before I spotted a lonely house a little farther than the little village. "That should be safe enough." I murmured to myself and looked around before heading over.

Rain suddenly began to pick up, droplets clattering against the gravel, and thunder began to boom confidently. Gritting my teeth in pain, I shuffled a little faster until I was able to make out the faint light coming from the house.

I smiled to myself and tried not to trip as I forced myself forward. When I made it to the worn down front of the house, I got under the short roof displayed over the door and above the short platform before curling into a corner.

I hugged myself when the wind began to pick up and squeezed my eyes shut, forcing myself to sleep.

The next day was a pain when I woke up, cursing myself for choosing such a painful position to sleep in. I got out of the little corner and carefully stood up, using the railing to my side to heave myself up straight.

My bones stretched with a relieving crackle and my muscles loosened with a faint ache. The sunlight was bright for my eyes making me squint but the warmth was comforting enough after the cold night.

The deep thuds of footsteps broke me out of my trance, followed by the creaking of an opening door. "What the fuck?"

I quickly turned around with wide eyes and backed away. It was him..

I looked at the human standing in the doorway and forced my happy grin back. I could feel my heart beat in excitement as I stared at him quite creepily. But I couldn't help it, he looked beautiful.

Blond hair ruffled carelessly, blue eyes sparkling lightly under the sunlight, and posture not as small as mine. But then again, I was worn down and beaten. "What the hell are you doing here?" He snapped making me jump in surprise.

I opened my mouth to speak but let out a painful cough. I pointed at my throat with pleading eyes making him frown further. He scoffed and walked back into the house before returning with a cup of water. I took it gratefully and gulped it down with a sigh.

"What are you doing here?" He repeated, glaring at me with eyes as cold as the night prior. "I-I needed shelter," I spoke silently, hoping my wings wouldn't pop out out of excitement. I couldn't expose myself though.

"Dude, get off before I call on you." He huffed, taking a few steps closer to me. "P-Please, I-" "No. Take your shit and find somewhere else to 'shelter'." He cut me off, grabbing my arm and pushing me backwards.

My foot slipped off the little step making me fall down with a painful yelp. I bit my lip and tried crawling a little farther. I looked up at the human with pain in my eyes before standing up and apologizing quietly.

I limped away from the house and tried to find somewhere close to him. When I found a tree with enough shade, I slumped down it and sighed. Was I too late? Could I not save him in time?

That wasn't the the boy I had looked over since childhood. He was cold and frustrated. Hurt. And I've failed to prevent that, even if I didn't have the opportunity to face him physically.

((Chapter two!! I hope you're enjoying this so far!))