NINETEEN

(Yes, I am up at 1:19 AM. 😂)

The people that were the most distraught about the news were Linh and Marella—they were on the yearbook committee after all.

"Eh," Keefe said with a shrug. "Foster and I couldn't go anyway,"

"You unfeeling little jerk!" Marella growled. "Don't you know how much this means to us? Do you know how embarrassing it'll be once people realize that two of the people planning the Gala aren't even going to the Gala?"

Keefe shrugged. "I'm just sayin'"

Marella crossed her arms and rolled her eyes at Keefe. "Sophie, how could you become friends with this gremlin?"

"Who're you calling a gremlin?" Biana asked. "Do you need glasses to help you with your blindness?"

"I know you did not just call my friend a gremlin," Dex said, glaring at Biana from his seat on the couch. "Because I know for a fact that that she's not the one who's a gremlin." He gave Biana a look that clearly inferred that he was calling her a gremlin.

"How dare you say that to my sister," Fitz said, his voice getting angry. "Do you even know who you're insulting?"

Linh glared at Fitz. "I think he does," She said. "And do you even know how sick it makes me when you talk? You act like you know that you're hurting people's feelings, but you still do it anyway. No one likes people like that,"

"Um, says the girl that barely talks to anyone," Maruca said. "How would you know what people do on purpose and what they don't?"

"Don't talk to my sister," Tam said, shooting a glare at Maruca. "If you value you're life, you'll take back everything you just said."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," Keefe said. "Are we throwing out threats now? If you want to discuss that, I promise I have plenty that I can use,"

"What, like how there are plenty of people that can't wait until you all go extinct?" Jensi asked—but barely anyone heard his due to his rapid-fire speech.

But because of that everyone started arguing amongst themselves, leaving Sophie and Wylie just staring on.

Sophie had finally had enough of it and yelled, "Will you all just SHUT-UP!?"

Suddenly everyone was quiet and they were all staring at Sophie in shock and awe. "This is stupid," She said, a little quieter now. "If you guys can't get along—then there's no point of you even being here."

"Amen!" Grady said, poking his head into the room. "You all can just go home if you're going to argue in my house—saves us food and time."

Sophie sighed, but still said, "You hear that? If you can't stand each other for another hour and a half, you can leave."

Thankfully, no one left and they all had a nice and peaceful dinner. Barely anyone spoke, and if they did it was very quietly.

After they ate, Sophie had a talk with Fitz, Keefe, Biana, and Maruca. She told them she forgave them for ignoring her. Then they all went home, leaving Sophie to talk to Dex, Tam, Linh, Marella, Jensi and Wylie.

This was going to be a long night.

"So," Sophie said. "What do you guys want to talk about?"

"I want to apologize for our behavior this evening," Linh said, her cheeks flushing red. "It was really stupid and childish."

"Well I'm not sorry," Tam grunted.