TWENTY-SIX

Hey Guys!! 

So I'm back! (Thank goodness❤) But anyway...

I had a root canal yesterday and so when I got home I was like, "Oh, maybe I could post!" But as soon as a laid down I was out cold and I literally slept the day away. 

Now I just want to say 'thank you' for being patient with me and here's Chapter 26:

There was tons of chaos as kids scrambled to exit the school. Of course there were a couple of those idiots in every school that thought everything was a joke, but everyone else did their best to get out.

"How'd it happened?" People asked.

"What if someone dies?"

"What's going to happen to Foxfire?"

Sophie shuddered as she followed her friends out of the school and 100 feet away from the flames that were engulfing the school quickly.

"Foxfire," Biana gasped, staring at the school, tears in her eyes. "It's being destroyed,"

Before anyone could voice their opinions on that subject, Tam burst into their friend group, eyes wild.

"Where's Linh?" He demanded. "I can't find her anywhere!"

Sophie's eyes got wide as Biana said, "Wait, she told me she thought you went to the bathroom and went to go look for you,"

Tam ran a hand through his hair before running toward the school, but Keefe stopped him. "Dude, you'll die!"

"My sister's in there!" Tam yelled, trying to break out of Keefe's grasp. "Let me go!"

"No way," Keefe said, throwing Tam down on the ground. "Like you said: safety before danger, and fire equals danger,"

"Well someone's gotta go get her," Tam said, tears falling down his face. "I can't lose her,"

Keefe bit his lip before yelling out to Mr. K, who happened to be walking by. "Mr. K! Tam's sister—Linh—is still in there!"

"I'll get her," Mr. K said, nodding at Keefe and Tam before running into the school.

Sophie sat down on the ground resting her head on her knees, tears pouring from her eyes, and hoping to death that everything would be fine.

Sophie felt someone wrap their arms around her and pull her close to them as she cried. She didn't look up to see who it was, she just knew that she loved them for their kindness.

After a few seconds, Sophie heard sirens and people yelling orders. She also felt cool water sprinkle her in the face from the water hose and the wind blowing, and it felt good. But she still didn't look up.

"Are they back yet?" Biana asked. "They've been gone for a few minutes now,"

Sophie sighed, hoping harder that everything would be fine.

After ten more minutes of waiting Sophie heard Dex yell, "There they are!"

Sophie's head snapped up as she got up from her spot and looked to where Dex was pointing. She saw Mr. K, burned and battered, carrying Linh—who looked much the same—toward them.

Tam ran up to him and grabbed Linh from his arms, causing Mr. K to collapse of what Sophie hoped was exhaustion.

Medics ran up to him and Linh and treated them of their burns. Linh woke up within twenty minutes and she was eating and talking fine.