Chapter 13

As the clock showed the time as 3:50 Dhruv hurried up. He took his already ready bag into his car, locked his house and drove a 45minutes road to reach Bypass road.

Nandini still in her office dress opened the door as the doorbell rang.
"Hello aunty"

"Hi beta, come inside.. sit" she continued "Esha had told me that you spend your time at Levin's road quite well."

"Yes aunty it was really nice."

"Mamma, I have called him today. I was getting bored without Jenny so I thought we could go out for a walk in the Maw garden."

"Oh.. ok.. you can go. Be back early... and Dhruv take care of Esha"

"Sure aunty I will"

Esha and Dhruv rode silently to the gardens for 10 mins. As they reached Dhruv stepped down and opened the door for Esha and put his hands forward. She holds his hand and steps down the car.
Esha has come to this garden several times with Jenny but this time it felt different to her.

"Careful.. there is a step."warned Dhruv holding her hand back.
Esha smiled "Thank you... well can you for once take me to the garden office at the right."

"Yeah sure"said he and guided her to the office.

"Hello Esha what a pleasant surprise" Said a deep voiced man in his 50s probably, as soon as they stepped in.

"Hello uncle Pom. Where is aunty today?"

"She is off to her sister's place... this young man.. umm... do I know you?" Investigated the man as he studied Dhruv's face carefully.

"Oh... He is Dhruv a nature lover and writer and now my friend and Dhruv this is uncle Pom, he is the owner of this garden."

"Hello" greeted each other with a handshake.

"So uncle we shall your leave and have a look at your garden"

"Ahh.. sure sure"

As they moved in the garden pavement Dhruv could see more than a hundred varieties of flowers, and shrubs. The mixed smell of every flower was so attractive.

Esha stopped by a plant and bent down to touch it.
"Can you smell it"

"Yes.. it's so sweet. I think it's rajnigandha"

"Yes it is. Feel its petals. They are in a tube or ... you can say bell shape. You can feel the pollen inside it on the stamen hidden inside the cover of the petals."

"Hmm..." said Dhruv as he did the same with the other flower.

They moved further to another flower.
"Wait Emma, I will describe you and you have to guess it"

"Ok"

"This flower feels like a crumbled paper ball. It is of many colours... yellow, orange, mixed colours of yellow and red, white.... wow.. blue also.. I have seen 1st time ever."

"It's marigold right?"

"Yes."

"Umm.. crumbled paper ball... nice explanation."

"So I have explained it nicely.."giggled Druv.

"Yeah.. you have... well have you seen aparajita flower?"

"No"

"Come with me" said Esha holding Dhruv's hand and walking to the right to a part with another bunch of new varieties of flowers.

"Which one is the blue, white and violet flower with a little bud like thing in it like a conch."

"Oh this one.." said Dhruv talking her to that plants and placing her hand over it.

"Yes this one" said Esha feeling the little bud like folding and the creases over the flower.
"You know this flower is used in many pujas."

"You have wide knowledge I see"

"Uncle Pom has taught me since I was a child"

"Let's go and sit"

"Yes sure"