Chapter 15

By 4:10pm on Friday Dhruv was at the doorstep of Esha's house.
Esha came out wearing jeans and a yellow coloured top. Dhruv's eyes didn't want to move a bit from her but was interrupted by Nandini's voice "Dhruv, drive carefully and be back as soon as possible... The grazing field is not smooth at all both of you take care. "

"Yes mom we will be fine"

"Yes aunty we will"

"Ok. Bye"

Dhruv drove a 20minutes way with his half concentration on the road and the other on Esha while she heard songs on her earphone in order to not disturb him while driving.

On reaching the place Dhruv helped Esha to get down the car and both walked silently towards a tree through the up and down land of the grazing field.
Both of them sat below the wide banyan tree with the winds flowing and Esha's locks danced over her cheeks.
"How does this place feel to you?"

"I can see the green field in front of us with the blue sky over us, cows and sheep are grazing at a distance with their masters behind then holding sticks. "

"Can you hear the cows mooing... I think there are goats here also but a little far away. "

Dhruv turned his head to the opposite side to see a bunch of goats grazing at quite a far distance. "Yes there are these at the opposite side"

"Hmm... uhh.. is there any fallen leaf here?"

Dhruv searched around to find few and handed over to her the best one.

"See the veination of the leaf..."said Esha rubbing her fingers over it.

"... Yes... its diverging from one main vein. But it's same like the all plants.."

"No.. grasses are different. "Her hand searched on the ground for travel of grasses and picking up one she offered it to him. "See now.."

"Yes.. it's parallel veination."

"Feel by the edges of it"

"Ouch... it's sharp. "

"Careful... "said Esha holding Dhruv's finger and inspecting it with her soft fingers.

"...It's ok... it didn't hurt much..."said Dhruv with a blush on his face.

Esha too blushed.

"Do you know the meaning of 'godhuli'?" said Dhruv to avoid the awkwardness.

"Umm... no.."

"It's generally referred to the time of the dusk when the sun sets at the horizon spreading its yellow orange colours over the sky, and at this time the shepherds take their animals back to their home or shed. At this time when the cow or bullocks walk they wear off the soil with their hoofs leaving dust as they moved forward. So 'go' means cow and 'dhuli' means dust."

"Wow... it's so wonderful. I never knew it. So it's godhuli now... right?"

"Hmm..Yes it's.. let's go back"

"Yes" said Esha standing up and dusting her jeans to wear off the dust. Dhruv followed.