The Mate Expectations

I am sorry about the publishing and unpublishing of the chapters. My OCD is at work here and I have resumed my medication. Should be fine in a few days.

Chapter 10

Niles wandered the halls trying to be as conspicuous as possible.

"Ah, is that an omega beauty running around unclaimed?" asked one of the Alpha's who were drunk like a tank. The other Alphas and betas around him laughed.

"Should be a lucky man, the Alpha to have such a delectable thing," said another Alpha.

"Isn't this the lone wolf recently taken in by the royals?" asked another Alpha and they were all eyeing Niles like a piece of meat. Niles freaked out a bit. One of the feisty omega's around them who seemed to be mated to one of them backed him against the table.

Niles turned into ice, unable to handle the number of people in his vicinity. He just went into his shell.

"Oh, little baby is scared," laughed one of the Alpha's.

"Niles"

At that all turned and there stood Stefanos. He stormed over and Niles was still frozen on his spot.

"Pup, are you okay?" he asked pulling Niles away from the table. All the occupants were on feet and bowing, standing submissively.

Niles wouldn't talk as Stefanos checked his eyes. He turned to where his brother and Kristof were talking to the crowd.

"Brother," called Stefanos and that got the couple's attention. They rushed over seeing the state of Niles.

"Oh goodness, as if Alpha King's wrath was not enough. I am not drinking ever again," mumbled one of the Alphas who had leered at Niles.

Nikolas and Vasileios also joined them hearing the commotion. Kristof and Zacchaeus wrapped their arm around the pup who seemed to get better with the family comfort.

"I will take him to his room, you see the guests off," said Kristof.

"They will see the guests off. Let me just thank everyone. Nikolas, take him to his room," he said and sure enough, Nikolas led Niles away and both Zacchaeus and Kristof looked torn about letting him go.

"We will have a detailed conversation about this incident at the next pack leader meeting and trust me you won't like it. Harrassing omegas doesn't seem like the quality of a leader and shows your intelligence on a very low light given that you all knew he is our ward," said Zacchaeus.

Kristof was glaring daggers at them.

"We apologise your highness, we were drunk. We did not realise it will affect him this bad," said one of the braver Alpha's.

"Well, every action has its consequences," said Stefanos as he looked at them all.

The new couple turned and reached the front.

"I and Kristof thank you all for joining us on this special day. We must retreat now. Thank you," he said as everyone waited to hear with bated breath. Zacchaeus looked at Kristof who cleared his throat.

"Thank you for joining us. May the woods of Furesta Negra be fruitful and glorious," he said, a formal address as the Elder King's consort.

All bowed before them and the couple walked out. They reached Niles's room to see the pup cuddling with Nikolas. Vasileios left soon after to help Stefanos see everyone out. Nikolas followed.

Niles gave a small smile to both of them and tried to sit up.

"No stay," said Kristof, climbing on the bed and sitting near Niles who curled into him.