The Mated Prince

Chapter 13

Stefanos handed over the tag which every warrior carries to Niles. They were all in the training ground and it is Niles's initiation into the warrior regiment. He is the first omega to be enrolled into the warriors.

He beamed and looked at all five members of his family who was beaming. He spent the next few days running the woods with the warriors, very much happy about more things he was learning. He would also do his complete schedule with Stefanos.

One day, Stefanos was deep in work. He took a small break and saw Niles sitting on the window sill watching the warriors and young hunters' practice. They were all around Niles's age.

"They are all good -looking boys. So what is your concept of an alpha? How do you expect your Alpha to be?" asked Stefanos as he joined Niles. The pup turned and looked at Stefanos and blushed.

Niles thought about it for a moment. He has given it thought and wondered if he will ever find his mate. He doubted it but still one could dream. He looked at the Pack Alpha with a small smile.

"I don't want much. My Alpha just needs to be a good man. He need not pamper me or anything but not hurt me. I would like it of he grew to respect me a bit. I- would like it if he hand-fed me occasionally, cuddled with me a bit, read with me, run with me in wolf form and let me do everything he wants too," said Niles, his eyes on the floor as he thought about it and a wistful smile on his face. Stefanos couldn't look away from Niles for a moment. It was strange. But he felt some sort of irritation flare up in him. Not at Niles, never at Niles.

They were all discussing the full moon pack run when Zacchaeus walked in from a meeting followed by Stefanos and Vasileios. Kristof looked up and met his husband's eyes. The man was waiting at the door.

"I will be back. Let me just go check on something," said Kristof as he excused himself and reached his mate.

"Yeah. Checking on something," snickered Vasileios.

"You both are not at all subtle," mumbled Niles, red-faced.

Kristof just rolled his eyes at them and stepped out. As they walked through the halls, Zacchaeus took Kristof's hand.

"Let them laugh it up a bit," said Kristof smiling at his Elder King fondly.

"Yes, let them. Now, how are the preparations for full moon going?" asked Zacchaeus.

"Good. I think Niles will fully transform this full moon," said Kristof. At this Zacchaeus looked at Kristof.

"Are you sure?"

"Confident. I can't tell what shade of brown he is though. The kid wouldn't say," said Kristof exasperated.

"We will have two reasons to celebrate," said Zacchaeus.

"Yes. Finally, Stefan will be mated. We can send the other two on pack visits soon after," said Kristof.

"I am hoping for the same," said Zacchaeus.

Stefanos was looking out onto the sky. There are three more days to the full moon. He believed in the ritual. He still thinks his mate will be here soon. He can feel it in him. He has never been an affectionate person. He wonders how things will be with his mate. He got down for dinner. Everyone in the family was present. He sat down next to Vasileios. Nikolas and Niles sat on the other side.

Niles threw a fruit at him which he caught and raised an eyebrow at the pup. He kept it away and then looked at his brothers. They had something to tell Niles today. Meanwhile, Stefanos was thrown off by the fact that Vasileios and Nikolas have also imprinted on Niles. He wonders if the pup realised it and wonders who imprinted first. Niles has long ago imprinted on Zacchaeus too.