Ingram Comes Home

Chapter 31

It took everything in Vasileios to not take his omega, then and there. His cheeky, feisty, fire like omega who was looking at him with those beautiful eyes solely focussed on him. He bent down and turned into his wolf form. Ingram climbed on top and then Vasileios sped through the woods.

In the packhouse, Egan was asleep. It took them some time to get him to sleep but finally, he did, now snugly settled against Zacchaeus's chest. Kristof is walking with Zephyr in his arms. The pup is finally dozing off. He is not coping well with being away from Vasileios.

"He is coming back?" asked Zephyr.

"He must be on his way. He should be here tomorrow to put you to bed pup," said Kristof as he rocked the child. For the time being Nikolas and Eilam are also staying with them. Kristof and Zacchaeus also worried, wondering about their whereabouts. They must be fine or they would have got a distress call by now. Once Zephyr falls asleep, he tucked the child in next to Egan. Zacchaeus's arm sleepily stretched to pull Zephyr into his hold too. Kristof pressed a kiss to all three of their foreheads. The Elder King had been rather busy handling everything by himself. Egan was very much upset about not getting to see his father enough.

Kristof got out to see Nikolas was also awake.

"Couldn't sleep?" asked Kristof.

Nikolas shook his head.

"Alpha is asleep. He is a bit overworked with Zug gone," said Nikolas.

"Same here. I just hope they all get back here safely," said Kristof.

They were just sitting there in silence when Zacchaeus rushed down the stairs.

"They are here. I can sense them. Call Eilam," said Zacchaeus as he rushed out.

Nikolas rushed in to call his Alpha who also rushed after Zacchaeus.

"Get the medical bay ready, just in case," said Zacchaeus as he rushed out.

Kristof and Nikolas looked at each other.

"I will wake Marco. He will stay with the pups," said Nikolas. Kristof nodded.

"I am up. What is the commotion?" asked Marco walking in sleepily.

"Pup, can you go up and keep your eyes on the pups. They are asleep in Zeph's old room. We slept there since he was not settling down," said Kristof.

"I will. Are they here?" asked Marco.

"Yes, pup. Let's just go get the medical bay ready," said Nikolas, giving his arm a gentle squeeze before rushing out.

Marco walked into the room and saw both pups asleep and curled into their side. He will go down later and meet Niles. He missed his friend.

--------------------------------

Ingram was asleep for half of the trip but stirred when they reached the borders and his Alpha slowed down a bit. He watched, perched on top of him as warriors and hunters bowed to them. A huge silver wolf was running towards them followed by another big wolf. Silver wolf- he knew the legacy of royal wolves. The silver wolf must be the Elder King.

Ingram felt like he was in the air but then his mate turned and was now holding him in his arms as his brother approached. Niles got down from Stefanos's back and ran to the Elder King who shifted into his human form.

"We found him, we found him," said Niles excited as he jumped on the Elder King who caught him and held him. Ingram remembers how father used to hold them both. It brought a fresh bout of sorrow in him.