A Home for Rogues

Chapter 22

Niles and Nikolas reached the unused packhouse. It was a beautiful structure. However, disuse has affected it. They will need to do some renovation works. They took stock of necessary things to do the work. There is no furniture in the place. They will need new ones for all the rooms.

"This is going to be expensive," said Niles.

"One of the prime reasons we any Kingdom rarely accepts new packs is that it is very expensive. But we are one of the richest if not the richest royal pack in the world. We can afford this. Moreover, the royal pack members are always in support of accepting new packs into the fold. They believe it keeps the peace intact and I have to agree," said Nikolas.

"I do not know if we did. I never did like politics. But my brother was brilliant at it. My father intended for him to take over with his Alpha but then everything went to hell. But brother did not want to. He wanted to be a hunter and expected me to do the ruling," said Niles lost in thought.

"We will find your brother. As soon as this is over, we have two missions. Find Vas's mate and get back Ingram," said Nikolas.

Niles nodded.

"He might not want to come with us though," said Niles.

"Don't be like that. He would cross oceans for you. I can tell because I would," said Nikolas.

Niles smiled and clung tighter to Nikolas who ruffled his hair.

As they were almost done, he could sense Stefanos asking them to leave and also to set up more beds in the infirmary.

"We can leave now. Maybe look at the infirmary. They said something about the pups needing help," said Niles.

Nikolas nodded and both of them walked back to the palace.

---------------------------------

Eilam will admit that he is surprised. He actually thinks this is surreal. He expected help, he did. But that was only with regards to food and medical care. But the royals are going out of their way to help here.

"Technically they should want us away from the royal pack. Why are they bringing us closer?" asked Seragi.

"They have taken a shine to you. All of them were studying you the whole while," said Zuget to Eilam. The royals were walking in the front.

"I do not know. We will see. For all we know this unused packhouse could be another rundown place," said Eilam. They walked closer to the castle. They could see the place in all its glory. The Pack Luna was approaching the group. They saw the moment the stoic expression melted from Stefanos's face and became something more open. Niles smiled at his alpha and looked at the new pack members and waved at them. All of them gave a slight nod.

"He is more a pup," said Zuget.

"I would have believed that if I did not see him slice a person open with a small round disk," said Kanse wryly.

"True. He was brilliant," said Zuget, chuckling.

They saw Kristof pulling Niles closer and they were talking as the group led them.

"Pup, did you tell Nikolas about the beds?" asked Vasileios.

"I did. They are setting it up. Healers will leave for the pack region in a few minutes. Nik will take them with Oviro," said Niles. Then he turned to Eilam.

"They will let them in without any issues, right?" asked Niles.

"They will. We have informed them," said Eilam.