The Rogue Land

Chapter 21 

The family stepped into the castle. Niles smiled as Nikolas hugged him.

"You were fabulous, pup," he said and Niles blushed, his eyes finding Stefanos's. He could feel his Alpha's pride through the bond. Nikolas left and Niles froze for a moment. Unaware Nikolas went up.

"What is it?" asked Stefanos.

"Do you think the rogues will accept to form a pack tomorrow?" asked Niles.

"They will if they know what is best," said Zacchaeus.

"No brother, I think it will be best for us too if they form a pack," said Niles.

"What do you mean?" asked Vasileios.

"I think-"

Niles hesitated.

"Say it, pup," said Kristof worried.

"I think the rogue leader- Eilam is Nikolas's mate," said Niles.

"No," said Zacchaeus firmly.

"Brother, I got his scent when I was trying to keep Alpha from launching at him. It is the same scent except his has the rogue darkness. Old books, medicinal plants, soil and rain. That is how Nikolas smells and that is exactly how Eilam smelled. Like you and brother smell the same to me," said Niles.

Zacchaeus stormed away. Kristof followed giving them all a small nod.

"Wow, none of us is supposed to have a drama less mating, are we?" asked Vasileios.

Niles snorted.

"Don't think so. I would say that maybe you will but we never know. We should just keep it to ourselves though. What if he is not and Nikolas will be disappointed?," said Niles.

Stefanos sighed.

"You are right and if he learns and Eilam refuses to form a pack, it is going to be even more painful. Let it be for now," said Stefanos. Vasileios nodded.

"You know, once this is settled, the next step is to travel the world to find your mate," said Niles.

Vasileios gave a small smile.

"At least you can smell them out for me," smirked Vasileios. Niles stuck his tongue out.

"Good night both of you," said Vasileios and left. Niles looked at Stefanos who raised an eyebrow.

"We should probably start a 'mate identifying business.' There is scope," said Stefanos.

"Alpha," shrieked Niles in exasperation only for Stefanos to smile.

Stefanos let Niles hold onto his hand as they went up. They bathed and climbed into the bed though it was almost morning. Niles snugly fit against his Alpha as they laid there.

"Are you angry that Nikolas's mate is a rogue?" asked Niles.

"Not really. He seemed okay, Eilam. I scented him too. He was not exactly hostile. He is a rogue, but I get it. Everyone has their own stories. Nikolas waited so long to find his mate and I can only be happy for him," said Stefanos. Niles smiled.

They looked at each other.

"After this is sorted out, I will take you to the woods," said Stefanos.

Niles blushed.

"Can we go to golden falls? It was beautiful but I couldn't really look around when I was there," said Niles.

Stefanos nodded and his thoughts went back to that day only a week early when he almost lost Niles. He pulled his mate closer.

---------------------------------------