Meet The In-laws

Chapter 29

The journey to the Island Kingdom until the ocean was smooth. Once they reached the banks of the ocean from where they cross to the Island Kingdom, the royal party stopped to rest. Niles stood near the ocean looking at the Island Kingdom, stretched before them with only water in between.

"That's where I grew up," said Niles turning to Stefanos pointing to the huge palace which stood on the hill, making it look bigger and more intimidating than it was with beautiful red roofs.

"It is magnificent," said Stefanos.

"It was home," said Niles with a small smile.

Stefanos placed his arm around Niles.

"The people must hate me now. I abandoned them," said Niles.

"I don't think the people would hate you for leaving. What were you to do at that point? Your uncle would have imprisoned you back then," said Stefanos.

Niles nodded.

"What is the plan? We need to find Ingram before my uncle meets us," said Niles.

"Vas has a plan. Come on, let's get into the tent and learn more about it," said Stefanos, leading Niles away from the banks and back into the tent.

---------------------

"We have informed them that we will be staying in the woods here for the day before crossing the ocean. However, we will cross the ocean today and be back before we have to go for the official visit. We will have Ingram here with us before dawn," said Vasileios.

"But we have a treaty with merfolk to warn us when there are any enemies," said Niles.

"Well, I remember you telling me this pup. With Ingram now incapacitated, you are the rightful King of Island Kingdom. Will the merfolk listen to the rightful king or the pretender? That's not how their magic works. Their promise is to the throne and the throne would only recognise you," said Vasileios.

Niles looked overwhelmed.

"Don't worry. We will be with you throughout," said Stefanos.

Niles nodded.

"We will talk to the merfolk now," said Vasileios.

Niles took a deep breath and followed the two Alphas out. Zuget followed him with a calming hand on his shoulder.

Niles made the signal used to call the merfolk. Sure enough, the chief of merfolk appeared before them, his lower half under the water.

The man looked surprised.

"Prince Niles. What a pleasant surprise?"

"My good wishes to the merfolk, Chief Angoran," said Niles bowing.

"Always with manners. Must say you are more like Consort Fabio," said Angoran, affectionately.

"Thank you. Are you aware of the unrest in the Island Kingdom?" asked Niles.

"Very much so. Your cousin Aldrich is the one leading the rebellion. But I am afraid they do not have the weapons to beat your uncle," said Angoran.

"Aldrich is back? When did he return?" asked Niles, surprised.

"The young prince left behind his pursuit for adventures once he heard of the fall of your parents. I believe, Prince Ingram sent him a message. He passed the ocean three weeks after you entered the Furesta woods, young prince- or must I say Alpha King Consort," said Angoran, looking surprised even as he spoke.