Settling In

Chapter 32

Niles looked at his alpha who was immersed in work. Stefanos looked up as soon as Niles entered the office and gave a small smile.

"How is Ingram doing? I was planning on coming over," said Stefanos.

"That's okay, we will go after lunch," said Niles as he sat on the arm of the chair, resting his head on his Alpha's shoulder.

Stefanos turned a bit and pressed a kiss to his cheek making Niles blush.

"Missed me?" asked Niles.

Stefanos huffed.

"I did. But he is your brother whom you haven't seen in a year surviving from a trauma. I will manage for a couple of hours," said Stefanos.

Niles sat there as Stefanos finished his work.

Stefanos looked at Niles once he was done and pressed a kiss to Niles's cheek. The omega blushed as the Alpha stood up, pulling him closer.

"I have to go on pack visits soon. Vasileios will also be indisposed and he needs to be here," said Stefanos as they walked out. Niles's face fell.

"For how many days?" asked Niles, scowl evident.

"Two weeks at the least. I have to visit the nineteen packs in the west," said Stefanos.

"Right," said Niles and looked away as they walked side by side.

"I was wondering if you would like to accompany me?" asked Stefanos. Niles turned and jumped on Stefanos and the alpha knew his omega too well and was ready to catch him. Niles wrapped his legs around Stefanos's hip and beamed.

"Really? Yes. I don't think I can stand two weeks without you here Alpha," said Niles and gave a small anxious smile.

They are working on their relationship. Stefanos knew he took too many things for granted when it came to Niles. He had left Niles here numerous times to leave for pack visits and never thought about how Niles must be feeling even though he used to curse himself for missing the pup.

Stefanos nodded and held him close.

Vasileios entered his room late in the evening and saw Ingram was awake. He didn't really get the time to talk to him after they reached home. He saw Zephyr fast asleep and Ingram reading something. He looked up once he sensed Vasileios.

"Missed me?" asked Vasileios as he walked over.

Ingram raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything.

"How are you settling in?" asked Vasileios.

"I don't know. It is like walking into my home I never knew existed," said Ingram truthfully. Vasileios gave a small smile at that. He looked at Zephyr who was stirring.

"Ah, my baby is awake," said Vasileios and sure enough Zephyr woke up fully and launched at Vasileios as soon as he saw his father.

Vasileios held him close and let his son tuck his head on his shoulder.

Ingram met his Alpha's eyes.

"We will sleep then. It's late. Niles said you had dinner," said Vasileios.

Ingram nodded. Once he laid down, he looked back at Vasileios who was getting up.

"You both can sleep here," said Ingram, trying to not sound needy. He slept better with Zephyr near him and he knew that his Alpha can only make him feel better. Vasileios gave a kind smile as Zephyr crawled back to Ingram's side. He looked at his son and saw him already drooping off and the back ay Ingram and pressed a kiss to his forehead. Ingram looked down, cheeks turning red but when they slept, Ingram slept closer to his Alpha.