DINNER WITH THE KNIGHTS - 12

SHUBHSHREE RATHORE (pov)
( Continuation of chp.10 )

After the morning discussion nothing much happened and everyone continued their daily routine. I was too on my way to pick ANSH from his school. When JEEVIKA called me, I was half expecting her call.

(Phone conversation)

J: Maa-sa, how are you?

S: I'm fine Jeevika. How are you and JAMAI-SA?

J: Everyone is fine here, MAA. She paused for few second and then continued

"Few hours back I got a call from BHAI-SA to sign the papers he will be sending and i received them a couple of minutes from now. Maa i know it is related to whatever happened yesterday. But, isn't this too much? Transferring all her (REYA) property to my name. What are we trying to prove here? That I'm more rich and powerful then her? Besides, RONIT would not like it to MAA. You know MAA what happened on the marriage day as well. He didn't accepted any property or gifts even when dadu-sa said him to consider as blessings, he simply played his JAMAI-SA card and denied everything. Then how do you accept him to be quite this time."

S: You are getting it all wrong my child, you know PAPA (Mahendra Pratap Rathore) believes in equality and by doing this he is just ensuring you are treated the same way as NAKUL or any of your brothers for that matter. And she (REYA) dared to insult you, NO ONE has any right to insult a RATHORE. You don't worry NAKUL will talk to JAMAI-SA, you go and sign the papers. We will talk later as I have reached ANSH's school, give my regards to SUREKHA JI and BHAI-SA. (In-laws of JEEVIKA)

J: As you say MAA-SA, take care.

I smiled and ended the call. I entered school and walked towards the play-ground as that is our pick-up point, when I saw a lady who was shouting at ANSH. I was about to interfere when a girl appeared and handled things on her own way.

I was impressed by the way she managed the situation, as I myself wouldn't have been as calm as she was and neither would I make the children realise their mistake. I was so busy in my thoughts about the girl that I didn't even realise that the other child and his mother had already left.

I moved near then and saw ANSH being shy, to which I frowned as ANSH was never a child who would shy away from anyone, well until now.

I chuckled and asked ANSH to reply her, when he said PARI and I understood that she is the same girl who had saved ANSH yesterday.

I thanked her for saving our child and introduced myself as well. She smiled and was beginning to introduce herself as well, when we heard a loud shriek of MAA from behind. She quickly turned and walked towards her daughter.

The same time I received a messaged from DIDI-SA as well, to come home as soon as possible as she needed my help for the pooja kept on Sunday. After exchanging few more words with the girl we left.

On reaching home, I helped ANSH in changing his clothes after which we moved towards the dining hall to have our lunch. While having lunch I remembered about ANSH being shy back then in school while taking to that girl so I asked him, ANSH why were you not replying to your PARI?

He looked up at me and frowned his eyebrows in confusion and the replied, I don't know DADI-SA

When PARTH asked, Who is PARI?

The same girl who saved ANSH yesterday, where did ANSH met her? Asked DIDI-SA (GAYATRI RATHORE) looking at me.

I then explained them everything, how the girl (KHUSHALI) again saved our ANSH and also said how ANSH was being shy around the girl. To which JANKEE said, he has never been a shy kid before what changed today then?