Put the bourbon back

*A few weeks earlier*
(At Alaric's house)

Damon's POV

"You really need to stop coming here unannounced" Ric sighs, getting up to get more bourbon

"Fuck that! You're my buddy, my best friend, my partner in crime" I sarcastically said, accepting the drink he was handing over to me

"So what brings you here? Where's Nicole?" Ric questions me leaning on his desk

I took a sip of his bourbon and answered
"Nicole is currently mad at me, she's kicked me out of the house" I rolled my eyes, looking up at the ceiling.

"Oh boy.. what did you do this time?" Ric chuckles shaking his head. Well I'm glad someone's finding this amusing.

"She's just being dramatic, if there's one other person that I can find any more dramatic than her I'd die of shock" I bitterly spat.
"Damon I'd say you're both equally dramatic"
"Anyways, I don't want to talk about that right now. I want to ask about your wedding"

"Ok shoot. What's going on?" Ric questions

"Why are you getting married in Thailand?" I walk towards his stash and poured more bourbon for myself.

"Because it's where her parents are from and it means a lot to them" Ric answers

"Oh come on, who gives a shit about her parents? And her dad hates you" I shot back

"He doesn't hate me. He's just never spoken to me. I think it's a cultural thing" Ric defends.
I ran my hand down my face, why does he have to impress his family? I can easily compel them to like him.

"Why can't you just get married in Vegas? Like you did last time? It's so much easier"

Ric turns to me with a shocked expression
"Why can't you just be excited for me? This is my wedding" he asks, raising his hands.

"You're really happy huh?" God when did I start being soft. I blame Nicole for this..

"Look Damon.. I really am" he rests his hand on my shoulder and lightly smiles at me. He grabs the glass out of my hands
"And I think you've had enough. You're gonna end up finishing my bottle"

"Alright fine whatever, I guess I'll go now" I turn to head towards his front door.

"Damon"

"Hmm?"

"Put the bourbon back" he points to the table

Damn it.. how the hell did he notice? I returned his bottle and walked out the door lifting my hand over my head, holding the middle finger at him. The last thing I heard when I walked out was Ric chuckling.